• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I recently sold my p3at and upgraded to an lcp. The p3at and the lcp are nearly identical in pocket concealability, but the lcp is noisy! I doubt anyone would think twice, but I'd rather not have this little noisy reminder yelling "he's got a gun in his pocket" with every step I take.

So, any tips on quieting the magazine?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I have no problems with either of my LCP's and mag rattle. Can you explain further how use it is rattling? I don't see how it can with a loaded mag unless there is a problem with the mag spring.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    The only issue I know of and I have is my mag will move forward and back on the bottom. It doesn't cause me much issues I keep it in a uncle mikes pocket holster.
    I've not heard anyone say it moves side to side though.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    The magazine is seated fully in the gun. Fully loaded with one in chamber. Basically there is a little wiggle room whereby the magazine can move inside the gun.

When I take a step, if the area is very quiet, I can hear it. If I touch the base of the mag I can pinch it toward the rear of the gun. When I let go, it pops back to the original position. I imagine if my pants were tighter, I wouldn't have theirs issue.

Does that make any sense?

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    Mine does rattle sometimes and when it does, I pop out the mag and push down on the top round once or twice. This usually silences it for a while. Cannot answer why but this solves it.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    If its the actual brass you might pull the mag apart and see if you have issues. I did this with both mags and found that how te spring set wasn't tight. Once I did this I didn't have any issues other than the mag moving forward/backward which is a known issue to Ruger.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    My case was both mags had issues the one that came with the gun and the Ruger made backup I bought from a different gun shop. In both cases the spring wasn't set properly in the plastic and once I fixed it the brass didn't move around.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Interesting. I'd never heard of tis until I got my G26. One of my mags rattles like it has a bullet floating around in there. More than one person at my LGS has pointed out that nearly every one there has a mag like that. Must be fairly common.

Top Bottom