• ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    What other ammo have you tried?
    I've only shot a couple of LCPs, both were new and ran like champs, right off the bat.
    Could be a bad extractor or a bit of foreign material affecting function. Could be something more involved, but have seen Rugers and others with grit or a burr down in someplace it shouldn't be.

The extractor looks ok, I can't find any burrs or anything. I'll probably send it back to Ruger after the holiday rush, or maybe sell it with disclosure. Lots of people seem to like them.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    You'll find that WWB is pretty much junk. Dirty as coal soot and powder charges vary all over the place.
    Both of my LCPs eats Hornady CD, Federal, CCI, Speer, Seller and Billot and my own reloads plus others with no problems.
    50 rounds isn't even enough to warm it up or get used to the gun.
    Got over a 1000, through one and proabaly around 700 through the other of mine.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Mine is gtg. Mine didn't like Cor-Bon ammo, at first, when it was brand new. After a hundred rounds or so of Critical Defense, WWB, and Golden Saber, I went back to the Cor-Bon and it shot the rest of the box without issue. Since then, I've run a hundred or so more rounds through it without a single issue.

I am confident I can rely on it.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    My son and I both have an LCP .380. His only jammed after 300+ rds. without cleaning. Mine has never malfunctioned, even when the takedown pin wiggled halfway out to the left of the pistol. Ruger fixed that for free in less than 2 weeks. Better than a 25ACP and not much bigger.

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Return it to ruger or better yet, just sell the thing. Don't get me wrong, there are rugers that I like but the LCP is not on the top or even on that list. A .38 snub nose by Smith & Wesson is the way to go when it comes to pocket pistols. There are plenty to choose from, the old J frames to the new line. I was talking a little about this on another thread but the Model 638 is a great option for what you need. You'll not have any extraction problems or any kind of failure if it is properly cared for.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Ive sworn off pocket sized auto's after my PF9 saga.

I have a 38 snubbie at about 21 oz's and if I need a real light
    gun Ill get a Ruger LCR .38 +p.

@ 13.5 oz's its very light and no feed or extraction probs and
    no worry of limp wristing.

The last thing I need to worry about when Im trying to save my ass
    is how Im holding my gun.

5 for sure!

Jimmy

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    LCP is ammunition sensitive. Can be anyway. Have you tried Hornady CD yet?

Definately not my preferred carry gun, but it's better than no gun at all.

I've never had problems with mine UMC fmj and Hornady CD. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Top Bottom