• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Not sure how well known this is so I thought I would post up. I have not seen a formal announcement anywhere from Ruger.

Ruger has updated the LCP. It appears to have happened within the past few months from what I can find on the web. They have updated the sights and the TRIGGER.:rockwoot:

Here is a link from guns.com with great comparison pics for you review: http://www.guns.com/2013/03/18/rugers-updating-the-lcp-2-photos/

I picked one up from Bite the Bullet last Thursday. It's a huge improvement over the original. Sights while still small are much more usable. The trigger is the most significant improvement (for me). The length of pull has been reduced 30% by increasing the pre-cock on the hammer. It's smoother and maybe even a little lighter.

I took mine to the range yesterday. It's much easier to control your aim with the shorter pull. I always felt like like I was going to run out of trigger finger travel on the original before it broke. No more!

If you are an LCP fan, I highly recommend you check out the new version. :yesway:

C1D711F1-297D-4F54-8F95-6405E0D0DD3E-631-000000A16C060805_zpsdc99fae3.jpg

56AFB70B-B8F6-46A3-A728-90155565E4DE-631-000000A176333C9A_zpsb4aa0534.jpg

BA75751F-DCCA-4FB2-AAAF-2356CC057898-631-000000A196214A42_zpsb1c60d4b.jpg

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Good to know, thanks for sharing. I had an LCP a few years ago and I regret getting rid of it. Now that I know this I think I'll start sweet talkin the wife and try to get another one.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    How much were they at bite the bullet? I might have to pick one up for summer pocket carry :)

$459 CASH OTD with Crimson Trace laser (2 in stock last Thursday)

$319 CASH OTD (7 in stock last Thursday)

They have the new 7 round extended mags in stock as well for $33.

Last edited:

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    They are a vast improvement over the previous sights (or lack thereof). However, paint those sights blaze orange and/or green and you'll really be in shape.

Can you tell if the slide serrations are any deeper than they were on the previous version? How about the slide to frame fit? Some of those LCPs are ridiculously loose, and hence, inaccurate.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Of all the firearms companies out there, I think Ruger does the best job of listening to their customers and adjusting their products to meet their needs. Now if they would just invest a little time in the LC9 next.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    They are a vast improvement over the previous sights (or lack thereof). However, paint those sights blaze orange and/or green and you'll really be in shape.

Can you tell if the slide serrations are any deeper than they were on the previous version? How about the slide to frame fit? Some of those LCPs are ridiculously loose, and hence, inaccurate.

I believe the slide serrations are the same as I recall them on my first LCP. Slide to frame fit is very good. Overall it feels pretty tight in general. Especially when you rack the slide and lock-up the barrel. It just feels solid. I can't say that it is better than the original version, but it feels pretty good.

Accuracy seems excellent. I was moving the laser sight-in from the factory 50' to 21' Saturday. I was bracing on a frame at Atterbury to help with steadiness. My LCP was very consistent with 90 gr. Independence FMJ as well as Hornady Critical Defense.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Of all the firearms companies out there, I think Ruger does the best job of listening to their customers and adjusting their products to meet their needs.

Couldn't agree more. :yesway:

Now if they would just invest a little time in the LC9 next.

If it's not currently in the process of changing, I'd say it's not too far away. I talked to a rep last summer that said changes (read: shorter trigger pull) to the LC9 would be happening, as that was the main complaint they had been receiving. To go along with that, I believe Eric Galloway, that makes the improved trigger add-on parts for the LC9, was talking with Ruger at one time about a design change. By "talking with Ruger" I mean they were contacting him and were showing interest in his design. Whether anything came of this, I'm unsure, but it does show that they were certainly pursuing an improved trigger change for the LC9.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Of all the firearms companies out there, I think Ruger does the best job of listening to their customers and adjusting their products ...

Overall, yeah maybe, but when it comes to external "safety" levers and magazine disconnects - then they listen to lawyers.

erbo12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for that info. My wife bought a new LCP at BGF 2 weeks ago. I haven't even cleaned the grease off yet .I'll definitley check that out.

Lupyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Just picked up the new model yesterday. Not familiar with the gen 1, but the trigger pull on the gen 2 feels pretty good. Picked it up at ZX guns in Fort Wayne...they still have at least 3 left if anyone's interested. Price was $330.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I hope they fix the LC9. That was the first handgun I ever shot. And the trigger pull was so long I kept flinching as I anticipated the shots. I shot a BHP right afterwards and bought the browning instead. I'm still looking for a smallish pocket carry 9. If they fix the trigger on the LC9, that could be an option.

Top Bottom