• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I'm planning on going to the 1500 next weekend & am wanting to buy a new carry pistol. I currently carry the XD subcompact .40 cal in a Don Hume IWB, but am looking for something that fits nicely in my pocket. I've never owned a revolver & am impressed w/ the LCR's size & weight (only 13 oz). Does anyone have any experience w/ the LCR? If so, what do you think about it? Comments on the LCP are appreciated as well.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    My wife gave me the LCP for Christmas. I've taken it out and put about 60 rounds thru it. It'll hit what you're aiming for at 20 - 30 feet. No problems feeding FMJ or hollowpoints.
    Only one complaint.... my hand stung a little after the range session. The tiny LCP has some bite to it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    My wife gave me the LCP for Christmas. I've taken it out and put about 60 rounds thru it. It'll hit what you're aiming for at 20 - 30 feet. No problems feeding FMJ or hollowpoints.
    Only one complaint.... my hand stung a little after the range session. The tiny LCP has some bite to it.

Sounds like my expeience with my P3AT , the rougher though simlar cousin of the lcp.

For the OP I have shot a LCR and have been very impressed. I also liked the LCP I shot as well. bith are solid guns with slight differnces. The main being trading a few more rounds for a little less power or vice versa.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    have you thought about looking at that new taurus TCP. That's what Im gonna be looking for at the 1500. I hope I dont see one, because I will have to keep it a secret if I do pick one up, luckily they are small.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    have you thought about looking at that new taurus TCP. That's what Im gonna be looking for at the 1500. I hope I dont see one, because I will have to keep it a secret if I do pick one up, luckily they are small.

Nope, I wasn't familiar w/ the Taurus TCP, so I'll have to check it out. I have a Taurus 9mm that I like. I'm going to look up some info on it right now. Thanks

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Here is an LCP range report I posted a month ago:D

tag.png
    NIB LCP range report

Since this report, I have put another 100 rounds through without a hiccup...hope this helps!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Some of you guys must have pretty sensitive hands. I found the recoil in the lcp to be "normal" and in the LCR to be completely negligible with 38+p, wish it was chambered in 357mag.

I've got both, they're both great guns, totally reliable out of the box. However my LCR stays home most of the time and the LCP is with me 100% of the time. Even though the revolver is considered a "pocket gun" and it fits in my pocket, it's the same size front to back and top to bottom as my subcompact XD9. It's slimmer save for the cylinder but still too big for my pockets. If I have it with me it's IWB or in a coat pocket.

The LCR is one sweet gun though. I LOVE the way it shoots. The trigger is fantastic and it's fairly accurate considering it's a 2" snubnose.

Go with either, you won't be disappointed. Just know that the LCR and other pocket revolvers are pretty substantial in size when you're looking at the modern pocket autos.

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    LCP, a sweet little gun

Shot over 500 rounds through mine without one miss feed! Complete mix of loads as well. JHP's no problem. Nice and small, maybe a bit too small. Carried it everyday in the beginning, but now up gunned to Taurus PT-140 for more punch and four more rounds.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Some of you guys must have pretty sensitive hands. I found the recoil in the lcp to be "normal" and in the LCR to be completely negligible with 38+p, wish it was chambered in 357mag.

quote]

I've always felt the same way when people complain about shooting J-frames. My wife I can shoot our 642s all day long.... no problems.:dunno:

I didn't think a little .380 pistol would give me any trouble, but it did bite my hand after about 50 rounds. Now, I'm not saying the gun isn't a good pocket pistol, I'm just stating that I don't want to shoot 200 rounds thru it in one range session.;)

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

I've got both, they're both great guns, totally reliable out of the box. However my LCR stays home most of the time and the LCP is with me 100% of the time. Even though the revolver is considered a "pocket gun" and it fits in my pocket, it's the same size front to back and top to bottom as my subcompact XD9. It's slimmer save for the cylinder but still too big for my pockets. If I have it with me it's IWB or in a coat pocket.

The LCR is one sweet gun though. I LOVE the way it shoots. The trigger is fantastic and it's fairly accurate considering it's a 2" snubnose.

Go with either, you won't be disappointed. Just know that the LCR and other pocket revolvers are pretty substantial in size when you're looking at the modern pocket autos.

If they make one in .357....wow!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Shot over 500 rounds through mine without one miss feed! Complete mix of loads as well. JHP's no problem. Nice and small, maybe a bit too small. Carried it everyday in the beginning, but now up gunned to Taurus PT-140 for more punch and four more rounds.

Please tell me you didn't shoot all those rounds at a single session!!!:D

Welcome to the forum and ya gotta tell us where you got all that .380 ammo.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Please tell me you didn't shoot all those rounds at a single session!!!:D

Welcome to the forum and ya gotta tell us where you got all that .380 ammo.

I'm with Dryden. I shot 102 through my 3at on day 1. Felt a little funny. Shot some 9mm and .40 the next day and...issues for week!

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    No! I had the gun since summer 09. Many range outings. Accuracy not too bad out to about 20 feet, considering it has no front post. Good secondary weapon or tackle box pal.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I carry the LCR as an all day ankle righ but in my opinion is to large for a pocket gun. I find in accurate enough for the intended use of personal protection.

I carry the LCP as a pocket gun in a Desantis Nemisis. Neither of these systems are "quick draw" systems. The LCP is flat in the pocket and does not print.

Neither of the guns serve as primary weapons but do serve thier intended purpose and are accurate enough for that purpose.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Between those two, the LCP makes a better pocket gun as a backup to your XD. The LCR (as is typical of 5-shot snubbies) is pushing the pocket pistol envelope, size wise (LxWxH), unless you have pretty big pockets.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For carry purposes, I like my LCP in .38 +P...it shoots well, digests anything I can put in it, is extremely accurate for a 1 7/8" barrel, and is comfortable to shoot (up to around 50 rounds.)

I've owned a KelTec in .380...but not an LCP...they're pretty close in size, weight, etc...they're a good pocket gun and easy to carry, light.

Personally, I prefer the SP101 in .357...the increased weight helps make it a 'shoot all day' gun.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you really want to feel a 'crack in the hand' try out the S&W M&P340PD...around 13.5 oz (same as the LCR) in the light weight scandium-frame...in .357 mag caliber...about 5 rounds in that gun will cure anyone of wanting 'hot hands' from a light gun.

SMOKIN'.................

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom