• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Talk to me about them. First off I've never owned a revolver. This is going to be a back up gun. What are the pros and cons. If anyone carries one on an ankle rig is it easy to carry. I carry a Glock 26 right now in an ankle rig but want something lighter but dependable.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Got one recently, switched from .380 as backup carry. Great feel to it and very light weight. Have not got a chance to shoot it yet so I can't speak to that.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I purchased on for $415.00, .357mag. It is a nice gun. .357 is pretty wild to shoot, but one can practice with .38spl and shoot .357 every so often. Another INGOer has posted they had a failure issue, and they got rid of theirs. I haven't shot mine much, but it fired every time, accurate as well. Of course I told myself to check INGO first, but I was made a fair offer (lowest price in the city that I could find) so I jumped on it. A week later, some INGO is selling a like new one for $350.00.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I purchased on for $415.00, .357mag. It is a nice gun. .357 is pretty wild to shoot, but one can practice with .38spl and shoot .357 every so often. Another INGOer has posted they had a failure issue, and they got rid of theirs. I haven't shot mine much, but it fired every time, accurate as well. Of course I told myself to check INGO first, but I was made a fair offer (lowest price in the city that I could find) so I jumped on it. A week later, some INGO is selling a like new one for $350.00.

I purchased mine NIB from another member here for $400 which I think was a steal. Mine is the Gold Deluxe Edition and he included a box of ammo and 2 holsters.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife recently picked one up, and she loves it. It is slightly lighter than my smith 442, and to me, just slightly more bulky, but still a pretty compact little pistol. The only complaint either of us had against it was the front sight. It was difficult for either of us to pick up the front sight for good target acquisition. A quick instal of an XS sight regular dot, and she is getting respectable accuracy with it(plus her sight glows in the dark).

Overall, I prefer my old school, alloy J frame. She loves her LCR. Recoil with 38spl +Ps is snappy, but not unmanageable, very comparable to my J-frame airweight.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I purchased a new LCR in .357 last weekend from Bradis, Tuesday I took it to the range and was very impressed.
    The little revolver only wieghs 1 lb loaded with 5 rounds. The hogue grips are excellent and for a snubby it is awsome accurate and not nearly as punishing as you would expect a small, big caliber revolver to be.
    I'm carrying mine almost every day now.

IMG_0680.jpg

my thoughts go for it.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    You can't go wrong with an LCR, I have had two of them. Just bought another weeks ago. Reliable, lightweight, easy to conceal. Smoothest trigger I have ever felt from any revolver I have owned.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I got to shoot one at an industry event back in January, and was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and controllable it was for a lightweight. Now granted I was shooting .38s in the .357 LCR which is a few ounces heavier, but the .38 gun shouldn't be much worse in terms of recoil. I'd take an LCR of any flavor over an Airweight J-Frame of any flavor, any day of the week. Better trigger, less recoil, what's not to like?

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    It's going to be a back up to my duty weapon so speed draw isn't a big issue. Lol
    Thanks for the input keep it coming.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I love my LCR .357. I put an XS sight on it and carry it often. Recoil is really manageable with 38+p's, but .357's with put the sting on you:D. The trigger reminds me of my Kahr P9, long and smooth.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What is the trigger pull like? Anyone have a trigger weight?

I dont know the weight off hand but if you can imagine squeezing a stress ball with your trigger finger thats about what it feels like. Only there is a load bang at the end that you hardly expect. Its VERY smooth no noticeable stacking but with some practice you can slow shoot it.

Get one you wont regret it. I carry mine more than any other pistol or revolver I own. With the boot grip mounted its easy to pocket carry too.

D ron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Evansville
    I have a LCR in .38 wear it daily in a galco ankle lite and it's very comfortable. Also have a pocket holster for shorts weather. I've fired about 200 rounds through it without any issues.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have one with CT grip on it. I have not shot it much because I bought it for my wife as a defense pistol. The CT gives her the confidence and eliminates the need to bring the gun up to sight it.

Top Bottom