• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I picked up a lnib 22 lr and liked it immediately...picked up the 22 mag and it's great too. I hike/walk a lot and I love the lite weight of these guns. I sold my S&W 66 sorry to see it go but weight is a major concern. I have my eye on the LCRX 3 inch 38 spec and like all the reviews. Anyone have one?..or what do you think?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I bought an LCR-X late last year for my wife, and we both are really impressed.
    It's amazingly light, yet it's grip angle and design nicely absorb recoil, and its trigger is really good.
    The R&D department over at Ruger really hit one out of the park with this one.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I bought a LCR357 last summer and love it. It's a great little backup/ankle gun. 357 magnum in that small of package is definitely not for everybody though, but it's just what I was looking for when I bought it. 158 grain 357 magnum loads do hurt a little when shooting, but if I ever have to use it in real life the recoil is going to be the least of my concerns. Standard pressure 38 specials out of it are extremely light recoiling though which makes a very nice shooting pleasant practice round. I actually wanted the LCR-X but Ruger doesn't make it in 357 mag (at least not yet, maybe they will eventually) and I'd actually be curious to see if they ever make the 357 in the 3" X version.

The only complaint I have about it is the trigger reset. There is an ever so small place where if you pull the trigger just before it's fully reset where you can actually rotate the cylinder without dropping the firing pin. I've only done this when dry firing though, but I've heard of other people doing the same thing. As long as you don't hunt the reset like on a semi auto its not an issue though.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I also have an LCR but not the X. I don't want the exposed hammer for pocket carry, etc.

It is a fantastic little pistol that I find carrying regularly if I'm just making a quick trip to the store. It is always in a small holster so I can put it in a pocket and go. And like you, I've found it perfect when hiking, fishing, etc and I want to keep weight to a minimum.

Awesome little firearms.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've always shot my revolvers double action, whether they have a hammer or not. For me anyway, single action just doesn't seem practical.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've always shot my revolvers double action, whether they have a hammer or not. For me anyway, single action just doesn't seem practical.

It all comes down to personal preference, but it's undeniable that having single action mode is particularly helpful when trying to get a new shooter able to make reliable hits before graduating later to double action mode.
    You get the shooter a degree of confidence with the one, then move up to the other for the shooting mode that will almost certainly be the one used for a genuine combat situation.
    At least that was my rationale for getting the X version for my wife.

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I picked up a lnib 22 lr and liked it immediately...picked up the 22 mag and it's great too. I hike/walk a lot and I love the lite weight of these guns. I sold my S&W 66 sorry to see it go but weight is a major concern. I have my eye on the LCRX 3 inch 38 spec and like all the reviews. Anyone have one?..or what do you think?

To answer your question, it is a great gun if it fits a role that you have for it.
    Some of the custom 38+p rounds (like buffalo bore) really push what a "little .38" can do.
    Its kind of a mutt bewteen the other LCR sizes and a full size gun, although much lighter. If they ever do make a 357 version with the 3" barrel, it'll almost certainly weigh 4-5 more oz than a comparable gun in .38+p.

Get it!

gpjerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    My LCR in .357 goes with me everywhere it legally can. Fits neatly with a Desantis pocket holster in the pocket of my 5.11 pants or a jacket pocket.

Top Bottom