Ruger Lightweight Commander, who's getting one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Funny, but I was thinking that this came with front strap checkering. I don't know where I got that idea, but it does change it somewhat for me. I've become spoiled and really like checkering on the front strap. It's one of the things that keeps dragging me back to the Sigs. They come complete with everything that I like for carry. I am still intrigued by this pistol, but not quite as much as I thought.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Saw the Jeff Quinn piece. Looks like vertical lines/serrations on the front strap and not checkering. I like checkering and bobtail. But that wouldn't be a $700 gun.

brokemule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Ossian, IN
    Sure would like to get one of these to compliment my 5" SR1911. I've already tried the (there is still room in the safe) line. Didn't go over very well but; will keep trying.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sure would like to get one of these to compliment my 5" SR1911. I've already tried the (there is still room in the safe) line. Didn't go over very well but; will keep trying.

I've actually been carrying my SR1911 for the last couple of days and it's not bad. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

bdwc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Noblesville
    Before I bought my Range Officer Compact, the SR1911 CMD was the other pistol I was strongly considering. If this lightweight had been available then, I might have leaned toward the Ruger! I do like that the ROC is overall "smaller", and works well for concealed carry.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Since this is bumped back up anyway. My young assistant at work did sell his Springfield to his father and bought a lightweight SR1911. He loves the gun. He ran a couple hundred rounds of wadcutters, cheap factory ball and hollow points through the gun. No malfuctions. Says it shoots spot on with 230 grain Remington HP. Not a fancy new bullet but if it works then fine for carry. I think he ordered a Galco pancake holstr for the gun.

Top Bottom