• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I took the 22/45 Lite out and put 180 rounds through it. I had 2 that did not fire. They both had good hits so I will mark it up to the ammo. I was using Federal Bulk. The Lite is a breeze to get to target and I cannot wait to get it on some steel, which will be today with some practice and next weekend with a match. I painted a dot on the front sight to make it easier to see. Outdoor should be fine but it is pretty dark at the indoor range. The Lite functioned as it should have and like a Ruger should. It is light enough that you have to keep it on target or put it on target after each shot. It is not like some of the other Heavy front .22 Rugers that you can just put on target and pull the trigger. But they do not transition between targets like this does either. Very fun and very accurate. And I like it alot. I think it is a very competant competition pistol right out of the box. The trigger seems alot better than the last 22/45 that I had. Good job Ruger!!!!
    I did not take any time trying for super great groups ,but it shot well. It will do alot better at 25 yards if I was to take the time to try, But like I said it is pretty dark in the range. Jim
    lite-sight.jpg

lite-first.jpg

lite-5.jpg

lite-10.jpg

lite-15.jpg

lite-25.jpg

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Thanks for the review, this is on my short list of firearms to buy!
    Now I just to locate one up here in Ft. Wayne!

Like the fact the gold isnt so pronounced, more subdued!
    Never had any issues ever with my Rugers.....thanks again for posting!

and nice groups!!

Last edited:

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just got back from putting 400 more rounds through the Ruger 22/45 Lite. We was shooting Rams,Pigs, Etc. at 25,50,75, and even 100 yards iron sights. Had a few FTE towards the end but the gun was getting really dirty. Have been running Federal bulk through it the whole time. Ran about 100 rounds through the wifes SR22 and it ran perfect too. Even hit a few long range but not as easy as the 22/45. Now on the plate rack the SR22 could stay with the 22/45. Either gun from Ruger is a good buy. I am glad to see Ruger come out with these type of guns. Now only if they could catch up on pruduction. Jim

Top Bottom