• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Commander has a shorter barrel/slide on a full length frame. An Officers model has a shorter grip (that holds one less round) and an even shorter barrel. It is easier to carry concealed. I like to carry a stainless pistol inside the waist band due to sweat and rust issues.

Ideally a man can have one of each.

PS> Looks like Bobby is a little faster on the keyboard, he is correct.

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I've never been a big fan of Ruger pistols, but I'd still like to shoot a Ruger 1911 some day.

I have owned a couple of Rugers and currently carry a SR9c often. I like the way that it feels and shoots. Not too menation that it is easily concealed even with a OWB holster and an untucked shirt since it is so small.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Maybe I am being a bit cynical here, but I am not excited about this. I love 1911's as much as the next guy (I own 4) but....

They are making another steel framed, Commander-sized 1911 for a $1200 price tag :dunno:

That is right in line with Colt, Kimber, STI, etc. This is just not anything new. Now, if they were offering all of the features that I see on that gun (Beavertail, stipling on the front of the grip strap, extended safety and slide stop, etc.) for, lets say, a $700 price tag, then my interest would be peaked, particularly because I am in the market for a Commander-sized 1911 right now.

But as it stands, I don't feel that this is anything special. :twocents:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Maybe I am being a bit cynical here, but I am not excited about this. I love 1911's as much as the next guy (I own 4) but....

They are making another steel framed, Commander-sized 1911 for a $1200 price tag :dunno:

That is right in line with Colt, Kimber, STI, etc. This is just not anything new. Now, if they were offering all of the features that I see on that gun (Beavertail, stipling on the front of the grip strap, extended safety and slide stop, etc.) for, lets say, a $700 price tag, then my interest would be peaked, particularly because I am in the market for a Commander-sized 1911 right now.

But as it stands, I don't feel that this is anything special. :twocents:

I'm confused??? Where do you see that the street price will be anywhere near $1200?

I would expect it to come in at $700 or less as the SR1911 is. I bought my SR1911 new this past summer for $599. The new commander model has the same current MSRP as does the full-size version so I expect them to be similar once the market stabilizes.

ETA: FWIW, I don't think the frontstrap is stipled or even checkered for that matter if that's a deal breaker for you... unless I'm missing it.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Guns and Ammo magazine listed the MSRP at $1299 in their last issue. If the prices in the shops are closer to $800, then I take it all back, I am definitely interested.

Top Bottom