• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    It depends on the frame of yer mki. If i recall correctly...you can make a slight mod to the ii or iii mag and make it fit. Have you checked Rugers site?
    Not sure of the frame, I looked up the numbers and it was born in 1970. It has the 5.5in bull barrel. the thing is a tack driver. It was a family hand me down I got afew years ago. I thought it looked funny so I just put it in the safe. I got it out the other day and boy was I surprized.My great uncle bought it new to coon hunt with. I can see why. I would like to find acouple more mags for it. Do they still make MK1 mags?

Mlyeager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Wilmington Delaware
    I'm not sure. My uncle has one...shot it...loved it. Came home and bought a MKii bull barrel stainless. Great gun. It is fickle about it's ammo though. I'd suggest you hit up Ruger and ask them. Or, start calling local gun shops. If they don't have, ask them to keep your number in case one comes in. Or, check on the mag modification. I remember reading about it a while back. I'll see what I can find.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I'm not sure. My uncle has one...shot it...loved it. Came home and bought a MKii bull barrel stainless. Great gun. It is fickle about it's ammo though. I'd suggest you hit up Ruger and ask them. Or, start calling local gun shops. If they don't have, ask them to keep your number in case one comes in. Or, check on the mag modification. I remember reading about it a while back. I'll see what I can find.
    ok,thanks

Mlyeager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Wilmington Delaware
    No prob.

Have you tried to take it apart to clean it yet??? Love the gun...hate the design. I've had my mkii for 10 years. I still have to look at the manual to put it back together again!

Top Bottom