• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    My original thought was to put a burris fast fire on my mkII as it comes with factory non adjustable irons and although accurate they are not as accurate as the gun. Then I saw the price of fast fire and realized I could get a 2 power handgun scope for a heck of a lot less even with the scope base adapter. Anyone have any experience doing either?

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    What are you wanting to do with it? For fast shots you could look into something like a Millet sight, I like those better because they are not as chunky like a BSA or Tasco Red Dot. Also the Millets are only like $75. If you are just wanting a bench resting or hunting set up then a 2 or 4 power pistol scope should serve you well.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Right now I just want to get that last bit of accuracy out of it that I currently can't get with the irons. Compensating for where I know the poi should be versus poa bothers me. If I can get this company to answer me I will be switching over to a pac lite with a compensator. I want an optic sight but I am just not sure about a holo or red dot because I don't like the idea of carrying around expensive button cells. I wouldn't mind getting into some rimfire matches honestly but know nothing about it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    DSC00248.jpg

2.5 and a ruger gov'mt target I think the scope mount is a b-square and you can still see thru to use the irons. Best when targets are slowly moving or offhand shooting.

DSC03077.jpg

Same gun now wears a 4 power scope and is a tree rats worst nightmare. I bought a stoney ridge shooting stick and with it's help I am able to steady the 4 power scope real well in the field.

DSCN0504.jpg

Pentex and a 2.5 power on a buckmark. The ruger and the buckmark may chage 2.5 and 4 power some day.

The red dots in the time I was buying my original setups were not of the quality they are today. I think the aimpoint micro would go well but I can't tell you how you would affix one to the pistol. My sights are adjustable but the front blade is real wide and like you mentioned accuracy is effected. . If yours are fixed maybe they have a rear sight adapter for the aimpoint micro. As you can tell i like the aimpoint micro sight. You could also maybe find a holster for the pistol with a aimpoint on it as I have had a hard time finding one for my scoped mark II.

I think i will just keep mine like i have them.

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    You can knock the rear site out and an adapter fits in the wedge base and you can screw the adapter on that provides a weaver rail.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    better check

The adapters that are made to replace the rear sight are usually for the models that have adjustable sights. There is not must available to get a weaver rail on a fixed sight Ruger other than the B-Square adapter. It slides over the reciever and clamps on. They run about $30

Top Bottom