• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captianbullseye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hi, I have bought a new trigger assembly for a Ruger MKII slab side and I have heard that it is quite hard to swap out. Should I look into having a gunsmith do it for me...and if so...does anybody know one in the Lawrence area? Thanks

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just did an MKIII 22/45 last weekend. Not terrible, but took a few tries to get everything back in and I missed getting the top leg of the sear spring on the back side of the hammer pin which resulted in the pin working it's way out about 90 rounds into testing so pay attention.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My personal comment to myself when I did this job was "If I had known I was going to have to take the entire thing apart and put it back together, I would have bought the whole accurizing kit, not just the trigger..." That kind of irritated me. lol. Guess had shotgun brain going on... just thinking I was gonna pull a trigger assembly and jamb another one in. Not so much... New trigger is way better though, but now the stock disconnector bar is making me nuts - it's so sloppy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure you start hanging out at Rimfire Central. There's a wealth of knowledge there.

I haven't done this in years, put I do recall having dental picks (you can pick up a cheap set at Harbor Freight and maybe Menards) made the job much, much easier. It's tricky to get the spring in and out of that grooved pin, which remember which way it goes in.

Top Bottom