• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Definitely understand the aspect of physical challenges.

But I'm going to go a little "tough love" on you here and suggest/encourage, that if you can get to the range, then you can/should be able to get some private coaching to improve on your marksmanship fundamentals - while at the range. Good place to start anyway.

"Training" doesn't have to be a a high-speed, tacticool, multi-day affair with zip lines, somersaults, and other jazz to be useful, practical, and helpful for where you're at.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I still have my late father's P-89. Its a blast to shoot.

I learned the hard way that its just too fat for me to shoot efficiently. I tried running it in an IDPA match and I gave up after the first stage and switched back to my G19; I couldnt quickly manipulate the mag release.

I used a P95 for the first two years I've been shooting IDPA. Accurate and reliable. I like the mag release, it's in the right spot for me.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Dirty secret, I really like shooting CameraMonkey's Dad's P-89.

I might have the P-89 on my list of guns to save up for.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Starbase Indy was my first convention in 1991. In the 90s I went for several years. I helped out with InConJunction up till a few years ago (4th of July weekend).

I also have a few comic series that if I were to get rid of all my comics (I have been thinking about it) that I wouldn't get rid of. Namely my full run of Spiderwoman from the 70s, all of my Continuity Comics from the 80s and 90s. Maybe a few others here and there. Most of what I would keep wouldn't effect the value of the collection.

I forgot the Ash Comic Book show was happening tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder. I tend to get to one about once a year, not like when I was in my 20s and went all the time.

1. I was just rereading this and realized noone identified themselves as being with INGO.
    2. As you came in, I was on the far back left side near the corner with the stand-ups and big Enterprise spaceship cut out behind the table.
    3. My wife (blond gorgeous 67 yr. old woman who looks 40, well in my mind ) was behind the table and in the am my 33 yr. old son was helping as well.
    4. I did make $500, mostly from dealers who were grabbing up items that were way underpriced just to be rid of them (the good stuff was at home).
    A guy came the next weekend to my home and bought another $340 worth, getting my Star Wars comic collection #1-107 plus Annuals from the 80s that I sold for only $200.
    My Star Trek I will want $600 from th 60s.
    5. Hope you made it there!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:
    2. I am reluctant to order mags unless they are from the manufacturer due to reading about complaints from others with non-OEM mags.
    3. But, since you recommended these, I take it they will pass muster.
    4. I don't mind the expense since if I sell it, someone will want to pay an extra $25 for the $30ish incurred expense (depending on shipping).
    5. By the way, it is not the 15 round OEM mag type but there is a 17 and a 20 round mag?
    6. Will they not fit flush, but hang past the end of the grip? If so, I would not want it. I have seen 32 round mags on some Glocks and would not want to emulate that look. :dunno:
    7. I will wait to order the 17 round (if that fits like the 15 round) till I hear it has the same look as the OEM 15 round.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    1. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:
    2. I am reluctant to order mags unless they are from the manufacturer due to reading about complaints from others with non-OEM mags.
    3. But, since you recommended these, I take it they will pass muster.

I know what you mean. There are a lot of junk aftermarket mags floating around out there.

Mec-Gar made OEM mags for SIG (still do maybe?) . Never had an issue with one.

They're one of the good sources (and for some models, they ARE the OEM mag mfg).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know what you mean. There are a lot of junk aftermarket mags floating around out there.

Mec-Gar made OEM mags for SIG (still do maybe?) . Never had an issue with one.

They're one of the good sources (and for some models, they ARE the OEM mag mfg).

1. That's what I figured since you recommended them.
    2. But, noone has addressed the issue of the OEM is 15 round mag and those for sale are 17 and 20 round mags.
    3. I don't want a mag that "hangs over the bottom of the grip, and want to be sure the 17 mag is flush or has an extension that comes with it making it "fluid" with the grip, as opposed to the look the 20 and 30 round mags that you can put in a gun.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Mec-Gar's 10, 15, and 17 round mags for the P89 are all flush fit. Only their 20 round mag is extended.

https://mec-gar.com/search?category:make=9&category:model=75&category:caliber=19

1. Thanks so much!
    2. I was going to splurge and get the nickel but it was out-of-stock.
    3. It was $7 shipping and totaled $40, and I paused since this might not be a keeper, and asked myself: need or want? :dunno:
    4. Since the mag is 18% of the price of the gun itself, I will wait until I know whether it is a keeper.
    5. I have 2 10-round mags to comfort me. :laugh:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. Thanks so much!
    2. I was going to splurge and get the nickel but it was out-of-stock.
    3. It was $7 shipping and totaled $40, and I paused since this might not be a keeper, and asked myself: need or want? :dunno:
    4. Since the mag is 18% of the price of the gun itself, I will wait until I know whether it is a keeper.
    5. I have 2 10-round mags to comfort me. :laugh:

If you buy Mec-Gar mags from resellers, you should be able to get them for $20-25.

Top Bottom