• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Any fans of this discontinued pistol? I have had mine for many years and I've never had any issues with it. It's the half stainless half aluminum version and I put the Hogue grips on it which greatly improved the feel. It's never misfired, jammed or had any malfunctions no matter what ammo I ran through it. It is truly the most reliable gun I have ever owned and continuously stays at the ready for whenever I need her.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had one, sold it. Mistake. Really fine firearm, little big, but a tank for sure. Never an issue, Houges are great add on. Guy who bought it didn't understand the lever action to clean it. Use to go to his house, clean his( my old gun) Ruger, and have Italian pasta supper. Well worth a free supper to visit an old friend, and gun. Always wanted a P90(45 ACP). Enjoy.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    It was my first pistol way back in '92. I had it for 17 years and put over 500,000 rnds through it before it died. It was a workhorse. I miss it to this day.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Any fans of this discontinued pistol? I have had mine for many years and I've never had any issues with it. It's the half stainless half aluminum version and I put the Hogue grips on it which greatly improved the feel. It's never misfired, jammed or had any malfunctions no matter what ammo I ran through it. It is truly the most reliable gun I have ever owned and continuously stays at the ready for whenever I need her.
    I am a Ruger fan to the max, the name I use says that. I have never had a P-89, but like all Ruger firearms, I am sure it runs like a champ and is T-34 tough.;)

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    It was my first semi auto and I blamed its inaccuracies on the gun versus the shooter. Masaad Ayoob was quite fond of the P90 if I remember correctly and selected it for the department he worked for back in the late '90's.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    My 1st .45 was a Ruger P90 and I still have this gun, with the stainless slide, safety, and a Hogue rubber grip. At one time, I considered purchasing another P90 before they were discontinued, but I never did. As soon as I get more "heal time" from R rotator cuff surgery, I will take my .45s out to the range. I might take one out tomorrow for L hand shooting if the weather allows.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Does anyone own the KP89X model- the convertible version of the P89. It shot 9mm and 30 luger by swithing barrels. I always wondered how well it functioned with the 30 luger.

KP944 owner.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive owned a p-85 since 1989, it was my first handgun, bought it brand new, sent it back to the factory for the mark2 safety conversion, think i had 2 feed jams, had the chance to buy a p89 about a year ago, but didnt have the extra money,(she wanted 250.00 for it with one 10 rd mag)kicking myself over that! could have had one for each of my kids!

i did put the hogue's on it and it was a world if difference, before thie hogues it felt like i was grabbing a railroad tie, with the hogue grips ,the frame just melts into you hand, i also put a wilson spring kit in it, boy was that i night and day differance!, still has the loooooong trigger pull, but breaks like a glass rod!

my dad shot mine and liked it so much he bought one, had it a few years and sold it, and let me tell you what, he regrets it to this day!, he did buy a p-95, but it just aint the same

so am i a fan...hells yeah!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Have the DC model in blue and stainless both. Utterly reliable, somewhat large and heavy, easy to maintain. All of mine shoot a bit low - I'm finding the P95 more accurate and smaller, but still am keeping the P89s.

happyfiero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Campbellsburg IN.
    hi
    I had a p90 , we did call it the Tank. Sold it to my son in law .He still has it
    Had p95 to sold it to my best friend . Good pistols, The family loved the 95
    Never let us down would shoot anything you put thru it
    3aac14b6-f6ba-4b4c-b5cf-561665074ea7_zps3af4d066.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    My first semi-auto pistol was a P-89. It always functioned great. Every shot outside of the 10 ring was probably my fault. I gave it to my son a while back. He likes it a lot too, hopefully moreso than just for the price which was free.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I've never owned a p89 but I am a big fan of p series pistols. I have a p95, a p90, and a p345. The only issue I've had was every now and then the p345 wouldnt go all the way into battery. A 15lb wolf recoil spring fixed that.Never had a failure of any kind running factory ammo.Had a couple of jams with a LGS reloads in the p90. Great guns, if I find a nice p89 I plan on grabbing it.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My first gun was a KP90 and I still have it. It's the only gun I have that will eat anything and has never had a FTF, FTE, or any other issue. Absolutely love that gun.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    My first handgun was a P-85 and it was a great pistol. Heavy as a mfer...but a great shooter. Sold it to a friend of mine years ago, and he is still shooting it afaik.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    In the same series, I LOVED my P90... It was unbelievably accurate and the trigger felt great in DA or SA.

I sadly sold it due to not being shot enough over my 1911's... But I do miss it.

Top Bottom