Ruger PC charger sights recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If it was won in a raffle, for $200 you could have a handy little SBR. Otherwise, the PC Charger is kind of useless, practically speaking. If I won one and didn’t want to SBR it, I’d just trade it or sell it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If it was won in a raffle, for $200 you could have a handy little SBR. Otherwise, the PC Charger is kind of useless, practically speaking. If I won one and didn’t want to SBR it, I’d just trade it or sell it.
    Are you saying to Pay for it to be treated as a short barrel riffle and put a carbine shoe stock on it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I don't see a practical use for it. I believe it will be finding a new home soon.

Sorry, I'm a dumbass that can't read. :n00b:

Thought it was a PCC. Yes, sell it.

I've always felt the same way about PCC's. Good for a training gun or competition, but not practical for self defense, when there are so many better options.

That said, I've decided I want one of these stuck away for SHTF. It'd be better than a handgun to hand off to a non-gun familiar friend or loved one in need of self defense. Especially since there are a bunch of Glock mags and 9mm rounds floating around everywhere.

:twocents:

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Back to the OP’s question, there are tons of options when searching “low profile picatinny sights.” You would need to add this, though to get a proper sight radius:

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    cbhausen, thank you for the advice. I had thought to use this as a truck or tractor gun, but don't want the hassle of going SBR. This is truly a niche firearm. This one is going to be rehomed, as soon as possible.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Are you saying to Pay for it to be treated as a short barrel riffle and put a carbine shoe stock on it?
    Yeah, it's kinda useless without a stock. An overly heavy, clunky pistol. I guess one could wait to see if pistol braces come back into vogue/legality and slap one on. Looks like OP has made his decision, though.

Reactions: wcd

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    cbhausen, thank you for the advice. I had thought to use this as a truck or tractor gun, but don't want the hassle of going SBR. This is truly a niche firearm. This one is going to be rehomed, as soon as possible.
    Now hold on a second! Don’t get rid of it yet!, try this, just leave it in the closet/under the bed/in the gun safe (you won it in a raffle so you’re not out a lot of money).

Wait till the dust from the “pistol brace ban” settles, if the Supreme Court sided with gun owners, put a pistol brace on it add a holosun and “bam!” Perfect truck/tractor gun!

If the Supreme Court rules in favor of the batfe and pistol braces are “banned” then get rid of it

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Shootersix, sounds like a good idea. Definitely needs a sling to carry it much! I'll have to write a note to myself to remember it!

Top Bottom