• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    So I picked up a ruger ranch 450 bush. And am wanting to put some glass on it. Wanting something solid construction and able to consistently hold a zero. Have been leaning to either a 2-7 power or doing over kill and dropping a 3-9 on it. Debate I am also having is on whether to drop a shotgun scope on it or use a standard rifle scope.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I have a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10X50 BDC on my 450BM AR and have been happy with it. Depending on the area you are hunting in a 2-7 may more appropriate.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You are going to get a lot of vortex recommendations here. Good scopes but I will give up two I would look at for deer hunting in Indiana.

The fixed Leopold ultralight fx-2 4 power. Simple no muss no fuss effective at the ranges of what you will be using it for and a very good amount of eye relief and field of view. Fixed power scopes I do see advantages in. Less to go wrong internally and since you are seeing the deer in the scope at the same mag rate easy to judge antler size and mature deer or youngling. Pro big game African hunters love small magnification scope for dangerous game. About 299 with German number 4 reticule. (Another personal favorite)

The Leopold ultralight FX-2 3-9 power. Add the ability to crank up the magnification for bench for blind and subtract the more rugged advantages of a fixed power and you have this scope. About 399 with wide duplex. (Not my favorite but I see it only listed as wide duplex).

Can’t go wrong with a scope with a gold ring on it. Don’t end up liking it recoop your cash at the next gun show.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My .458 SOCOM AR has a 2-7 scope on it and it has performed very well. My Savage .458 SOCOM has a Vortex Viper HS LR 2.5-10 and it is awesome glass. I put a Diamondback 2-8 on my Encore muzzleloader and it is nice glass for the money. I think it depends on where you hunt and what distance you plan on limiting yourself to.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I just ordered a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8X32mm handgun scope to mount on my Ruger 450 Bushmaster. I know it's a handgun scope but it's a great scope, and I wanted the extended eye relief. It will withstand heavy recoil from large magnum handguns like the S&W 500. I've had one on a Smith 629 44 mag. Crisp, clear. And they are currently available on Amazon for a really good price, about $100 less than Optics Planet.

I just posted some pics of my Ruger in the long guns forum. I will update it hopefully next weekend or the following with pics of the scope mounted depending on when I get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom