Ruger Security Six transformation (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dude. That's a fantastic job. Recently heard about your miracle work on that cluster**** Regent 1911 that came through our shop last year. Is there anything gun-related you can't do? :D

I'm still thinking of a functional way for him to pretty up one of my Glocks, does that count? I'm wondering if he can put fish gills on a Glock that did not start life with them.

Awesome work Allen.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    it's tough to pretty up a Glock
    Non the less here is a link to some ideas :)

Cerakote Coatings: Gallery

Might be interested in some machining and then a coat. Something like this, but would want something more understated...

and apparently they knew they mounted the sight backwards in that pic, but did so to get a blacked out sight picture... not sure why they would not have just used an aftermarket sight for it, but oh well...

Wonder if that lightens up the slide so much that the recoil impulse/ejection/function would change?

picture.php

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I would say that will affect the recoil / impulse of the gun, I wouldn't say ejection or function would be effected in a way that would cause issues.
    But if it is a SD gun you would probably want a adjust the recoil spring.

I can do that type of machining though. The sight thing on there makes no sense.

Might be interested in some machining and then a coat. Something like this, but would want something more understated...

and apparently they knew they mounted the sight backwards in that pic, but did so to get a blacked out sight picture... not sure why they would not have just used an aftermarket sight for it, but oh well...

Wonder if that lightens up the slide so much that the recoil impulse/ejection/function would change?

picture.php

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would say that will affect the recoil / impulse of the gun, I wouldn't say ejection or function would be effected in a way that would cause issues.
    But if it is a SD gun you would probably want a adjust the recoil spring.

I can do that type of machining though. The sight thing on there makes no sense.

Ok, something to think about. I just need to come up with something I'd like and might have some functional basis as well.

I'm also wondering if the front of a Glock 19/23 slide could be tapered at the muzzle like a Glock 26/27 slide or if there is not enough metal there.

Basically a melt job on a Glock 19/23 slide.

lyons0425

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I've got an old wheel gun in the safe that might have to come out and get worked on after seeing this.

Top Bottom