• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    This month's issue of Guns & Ammo (June 2011) has an article on it and gave a good review. They seemed quite pleased with it. The MSRP is $800. Can't you get a Kimber for a little more or maybe a Springfield?

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Yote,
    I have since put 300 more rounds thru her since that review and have yet to have a single malfunction.Ruger got this one perfect! Next test will be hollow points

khangoc

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    They're releasing it into the market with the price tag of a SA loaded & Sig GSR's. I don't get it. For over $100 less it's worth giving it a shot, but at the same price, I have to ask myself, "why not go with tried and true?"

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We had one come into the shop last week; it lasted all of an hour. :) Initial impressions are that it's a very well-executed pistol, if somewhat understated compared to other contemporary 1911s like the Kimber Custom and Springfield Loaded.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    It seems that some of you are confused. It is listed as the MSRP around 800, that is suggested retail. The actual price will be cheaper than that.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    This month's issue of Guns & Ammo (June 2011) has an article on it and gave a good review. They seemed quite pleased with it. The MSRP is $800. Can't you get a Kimber for a little more or maybe a Springfield?

I picked one up for a minute at BGF. Wasn't impressed enough to stray from either my Kimbers or Springfield. Just picked up a Springfield Operator the other day. LOVE IT. Paid $950. I'm pretty sure you can get the basic model Kimbers for around 8 or $900. GunBroker is a good place to check.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They're releasing it into the market with the price tag of a SA loaded & Sig GSR's.

No, they're not. The SR1911 has an MSRP of $800. "Street" price appears to be $589 to $649, based on reports of the shops here who have already had them in (and out). The SA Loaded and SIG GSRs "street" price is about $800-850, but their MSRPs are much higher. You need to compare apples to apples.

It seems that some of you are confused. It is listed as the MSRP around 800, that is suggested retail. The actual price will be cheaper than that.

What he said. :)

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    We have one in stock , just came in yesterday , I played with it a bit
    Very nice fit and finish everything felt good and tight ,
    But it pretty much felt like most other 1911's on the market .

Price is pretty decent , Low to mid range of most 1911's .

both sight's dovetailed , adjustable trigger standard 3 dot sight .

Over all pretty nice for the price .

Boss put $749.95 on the one we have .

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was wondering if this would be a good first 1911 to start with. I have been looking at getting a nice starter one for my collection. I recently saw a Taurus 1911 for $550 used, but if this one is around $600 new I would prefer the Ruger. I am definitely a big Ruger fan. I also looked at a RIA, Para-Ordnance, and Springfield around the 500-700 price range.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    I like the Ruger because its stainless. Guess I'm a sucker for something shinney. Shop around because I've seen 2 places where they were asking $ 625. The one guy here said he sold one for 589. I'm saving for a motorcycle right now or I'd be getting one. You cant go wrong with a Ruger. I am also looking at a used Redhawk with a scope for about the same price. Having trouble sleeping at night trying to decide which one to get. Sure would be nice to afford all three. Good luck Don

Top Bottom