• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    A few months ago I purchased a new Ruger SR22. It has been in the safe until today. (I know). I took it with me to the woods while deer hunting, and when I got home, I noticed that the slide on the first serration has turned a plum color. I will contact Ruger tomorrow, but has anyone else had, or heard of this issue? I have not even fired it yet, and was planning on doing it today on the way to the woods, but running late.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, surely it was something funny about the lighting. The slides only come in black or the new anodized silver color (the silver slide is new for 2013). I can't think of any reason a black slide would have changed colors a bit, some pics would surely help. Or... it wasn't holstered in something funny that could have rubbed off on it, maybe? Like the way brand-new denim jeans can sometimes turn the tops of your shoes a bit blue?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Ok, that's odd... if the lining on the inside of your coat rubbed off on the slide a bit, it doesn't look like it touched the frame or safety. Don't know if you've tried any gun wipes on it to see if the purple rubs off on the wipes? If nothing rubs off... I'm kind of stumped!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Ok, that's odd... if the lining on the inside of your coat rubbed off on the slide a bit, it doesn't look like it touched the frame or safety. Don't know if you've tried any gun wipes on it to see if the purple rubs off on the wipes? If nothing rubs off... I'm kind of stumped!

Green wool camo coat with green almost nylon liner.
    Had a green fleece camo jacket over the gun. I do not see where anything could have rubbed. I tried gun oil and CLP. Nothing...made it shine. I sent pictures to Ruger and they should get back in a couple days. I am stumped as well. The gun has been in box since I bought it, until I took it out the other day. I only walked about 50 yards while wearing it. Does not seem likely it would rub the finish in that distance. Dunno.

drobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    It just being on a portion of it seems weird though. I am not sure if that could occur by a portion of the slide not being fully submerged.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Interesting... Few hundred rounds a several carries and mine has not shown any sign of turning purple as of yet.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Have been in contact with Ruger and they want to see it. Will be sending off soon. Will find out I guess. So far they have been awesome to deal with. Never had to send a gun back in before. Will keep posted.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Finally got around to sending this to Ruger. After a few e-mails, they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I sent it in on a Monday and would have had it back the next Monday, but played tag with Fed Ex delivery since I had to sign the form. I ended up going to the Fed Ex terminal to pick it up because we could never hook up.
    Gun looks great, but they did not say what the problem actually was, but they replaced the slide and magazine disconnect.

They ran 40 rounds through it and sent it home. I am a little bummed because I have not shot it since I bought it. I am hoping to do that this weekend. Happy-Happy!!

Top Bottom