• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    So does anyone have an opinion on these? They look pretty damn nice and I am considering picking up my first AR and was wondering if they are worth the $1600 (at local gun shop) that most are priced at and whether or not they are a nice gun.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I know everyone tells you to support your local gun dealer but $1600...?
    Seriously, look around...got to gun broker....I found one at Big R in Wabash that they had on sale for $1399 and they are usually higher in price than some places.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Yeah I though $1600 was a bit high. But as for the gun whats your guys opinions on it? Is it a well built and reliable rifle? Or should I look into something different?

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    People online have mentioned "carrier tilt" problems with early models, but I've also seen comments about newer models having slight tweaks to the design to curb the problem.

One thing I like about the SR556 is the accessories that come with it. A case, 3 PMAGs, aftermarket grip, Troy Rail, Troy iron sights. I would think that it's a pretty good deal if you can get one below $1400. If I got one the only thing I would be inclined to change are the collapsible stock, add an optic, and possibly change that odd looking flash hider.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Here is my thread and pictures posted on mine not too long ago: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/86455-ruger_sr_556_lots_of_pictures.html

I love my Ruger and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Great quality and accessories make it the total package. All you need to get is a quality optic. I paid $1400 five months ago....1600 is way too high. Look on gunbroker if your local is asking too much. This gun is very easy to maintain with the piston system and has a softer recoil (not that a .223 has much anyway).

IMG_0617.jpg

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I dont personally own one but I would like to shoot one. The gun lust for one is very strong for me. I know for the price range these are going for are approaching what it would cost for an AR10. Not enough money for one right now and too many other priorities. Unless someone has one they want to get rid of?

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    but then the AR10 is going to have significantly higher ammo price.

Normal Ruger prices are very reasonable when you consider all of the high end features and name brand accessories, such as 3 magpul p-mags, hogue grip, Troy full length quad rail and flip down sights. BCG, barrel, and pison assembly are chromed for long life and easy cleaning. If you add all that up if you were to customize a basic AR15, it would be really expensive. If you want the bare minimal AR15, don't get a Ruger. But if you want a reliable AR15 with all the bells and whistles at a good price, then Ruger should at the top of your list.

Top Bottom