• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Yeah, I love the Ruger brand. Also like how they are American made, though I think my magazine said made in Italy. The SR9 shot dead on straight from the box. I use it as my everyday carry and cant complain. A little on the bigger side for an inside waistband gun, however, I feel it is worth it. The SR9c was just too small for me. I like having my whole hand grip around the grip.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I know what you mean about the full hand grip. That LCP of mine can be a handful with the recoil and all. The article I read, a few months ago in a popular handgun magazine, talked about running 10,000 rounds thru a SR9 in one weekend! Six guys and nonstop shooting until all rounds were done. They just poured water on it too cool it down. Only one FTF and two FTE! Amazing gun.

KGreenwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Guilford
    Picked up a SR9C at the last gun show. I have 400+ rounds through it and couldn't be happier. The accuracy of this $400 gun is unbelievable.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Love mine. Dead on right out of the box and so far has eaten everything I've tried to feed it. It's had just under 500 rounds through it and hasn't hiccuped once. I'll put another hundred or so through it this weekend. I shot a friend's and it just felt good in my hand. It is similar enough to a 1911 ergonomically that I decided to get one.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I have put 200 winchester target rounds in mine and 34 hornady critical defense hollow point rounds and not a glitch. I agree that right out of the box it is spot on accurate. I shied away from the sr9c because my hand seemed to swallow the grip. Mine is SS and I love it.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I have the SR9c and love it. 2 FTF in first mag fired. the next 1198 rds have been flawless with either the 17 rd or the 10 rd mag. I love the gun. By far not the most expensive I have ever owned but it is my favorite. I got the night sights, Mitch Rosen holster, and a kholster when I bought it. It carries well for about any situation. Accuracy for me has been outstanding. I was actually going to start a similar thread because of how much I liked it and wanted to see if it was just me!!

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I have nowhere near that amount but cant complain either way. I use the Desantis Tuck This 2 holster and at first it took some getting used to but now it is like it isn't even there. Do you have any suggestions for side laser sites?

Also what is your preference the straight adjustable grip on the back of the handle or the curved? I prefer the straight up and down. Haha I am sure there is a more technical name for it.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I have nowhere near that amount but cant complain either way. I use the Desantis Tuck This 2 holster and at first it took some getting used to but now it is like it isn't even there. Do you have any suggestions for side laser sites?

Also what is your preference the straight adjustable grip on the back of the handle or the curved? I prefer the straight up and down. Haha I am sure there is a more technical name for it.

it took alot for me to get used to the tuck holsters too. i am pretty thin so i actually have a few pair of pants that are just slightly large in the waist that i use for iwb carry. now for lasers i really cant help you much there. not a big fan of any that are on the market other than lasermax guide rod type and currently they do not have one for the sr series. As for the back strap, i prefer the swell facing in so i have a flush back. i really couldnt tell much of a difference either way to tell the truth though.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    The SR9 is one of the guns that I've sold and wish I wouldn't have. I purchased one of the early production runs and sold it before they were recalled. Due to the trigger being not so great.

Now that I've shot a newer production version I wouldn't mind getting another.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm on my second SR9 and I also picked up an SR9c. My first SR9 had around 1000 trouble-free rounds through it with no issues. It was a recall gun, and had never been fired prior to the recall. The trigger was a little grainy in the beginning, but once it had a couple hundred rounds through it, it was smooth as silk.

I was able to sell it and buy a newer SR9 with only 50 round through it from my cousin. I sold the first gun for a little more than I paid for the newer one! The only reason I sold it was to simply obtain a newer one for no cost.

I then picked up the SR9c. I love it just as much as the SR9, and it is easier to conceal.

These guns leave me wanting for nothing else! I've got fewer than 100 rounds through the two newer guns, but no failures of any kind with them, either.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    not picking at you but why did you list it for sale if you like it so much? sorry, had to ask out of curiosity. wish you were closer, i would probably look at getting yours to match my sr9c.

Good question. I do love the gun but I am just looking to add to my collection....That is the main reason my ad states that I would much rather trade. IF I were to find a deal that is good for me then great...but if not I still have an amazing gun. It never hurts to see what I can get.

Top Bottom