• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    So back in January I purchased a Ruger SR9 online and had it shipped/transferred to my local gun store. Since that time I've had it modified with a ghost trigger, Meprolight True Dots, and had the magazine disconnect removed.

I also got my lifetime ccw and have carried this gun nearly everywhere I go. I love it and I'm curious what others think and if they've done any modifications. This is the full sized Ruger, btw.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Congrats on the SR9. I have the SR40, SR40C, and SR9C and love them all. My primary carry is the 40C but I do occasionally carry one of the others.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I don't have one, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night! :): No, seriously, if I bought one of those, I would have to go with the SR9c anyways. Sounds like you did a few after-market mods to your though.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone With The SR9c Have Problems With The Full Size Mag Not Feeding?? My Brother Has One And It Cycles The Compact Mag Great, But The Full Size FTF.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I've never had a single problem with my sr9c feeding from any of the mags I have for it. I have six 17 round mags (only one with the stupid grip adapter) and they all feed fine.

So far the only mods Ive done to either my sr9 or sr9c is the magazine safety delete. Still trying to decide what night sights I want to put on them.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Only mod I've done to my SR9 is added a light to the little rail under the muzzle. Very handy.

As far as to the gun itself, nothing other than cleaning.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Anyone With The SR9c Have Problems With The Full Size Mag Not Feeding?? My Brother Has One And It Cycles The Compact Mag Great, But The Full Size FTF.
    I've put over 500 rounds through my SR9c using both size mags. I have 2 of each and use them all at the range. Not a single failure.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I bought an LC9 a month ago, I love it and have been carrying it since I took it to the range to make sure I could hit things with it reliably and to put the first 200 rounds through it to make sure I felt like I could carry it without fear of it malfunctioning. I removed the magazine disconnect but otherwise it is as it came. I have no intention to make further changes to it like night sight or the like either. This area is well lit and I have not cared much for night sight in any case. They certainly have a place though, I just haven't found that place yet for me and my firearms. :)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Very happy with both my SR9 and SR9c. Both have well over a 1000 rnds down range.
    Only mod I've done to both is do the 5 cent trigger job by doing some polishing.

Top Bottom