• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    If you have been on the fence about buying a Ruger SR9, buy it. I got one a PSS last week, shot 200 rounds threw it and love it. No problems at all and even with the trigger that is a little heavy. It was easy to shoot and recoil was not there. I bought one with the blackened stainless slide. Great little gun, I liked shooting it more than the Sig P228 I took with me.

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Sounds great, thanks for the info.
    Do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? And, what holster(s) you are using?

I have a stainless one on layaway at Ludco. I know I could have gotten a better deal at Plainfield (and the Bluffton shop), but Ludco is only 15 minutes away from me so the convenience won out especially since I wanted to do layaway and not make multiple 1 hour + drives to the other shops.

-Mike

06orange1300c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Ah the 4006...now you are bringing back memories. I carried that gun in the academy. Not a good memory of that boat anchor, metal shaving, bullet lobbing piece of crap. Sorry for the slightly OT response, I hadn't thought of that old piece in ages. As for the SR9, that is a great price for a reliable piece.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    4006 was the gun our department whiched to years ago. Then we got glocks. Still have both of them but never fire the Smith anymore. Just a memory that i want to keep.
    Had to buy one of the SR9's after reading and see good things about them. It now is my carry gun at home when I am doing wood working or yard work. I won't worry if it gets scratched. It will also become part of my collection of guns. I alway tell my wife " you can never have to many guns."

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Damn....that's a great price, especially on the all black.

I almost wish I didn't ask. I will definitely drive out to Plainfield for future purchases.

sr9t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Great choice ,I've had mine since Feb.09 shot 1000+ rounds Great Gun! I bought mine 21st century in Bluffton for $430.00 I have the stainless slide you have made a good choice.:patriot:

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Gotta say i really enjoy my SR9 as well. Ruger seems to put out some good guns for the $$$. Looking at adding a light/laser to the SR9 for home defense use. Also wouldn't mind picking up an LCP for easier carry at work.

King Matthew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Tipton
    I love my SR9. I've had it about a year and put about 500 rounds thru it. Only one jam, the second shot. I am attributing it to the operator, not the gun. I have the stainless one. Paid 420 Out the door. I would recommend it to anyone. I like it better than my Glock 19.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anyone would do a side-by-side review of SR9 vs. P89(or any other 9mm P's)? Compared to my P89, SR9 got some extra "features" I don't care fpr, like the mag disconnect and chamber indicator. And the safety is not optional. P89 can be had, when it was still in production, with or without safety. I like choices...

Never shot the SR9, fondled one at PSS. I like the grip, two more rounds than my P89, yet slimmer and shorter LOP...

Top Bottom