• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Just wondering if anybody had experience with both. I have the sr9c and it shoots great but I've been thinking I should have went for the G26.
    Any thoughts? Thanks.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I hate my buddies G26. I shot the hell out of it before I bought my SR9c. Originally I even wanted a G26, I told myself over and over that it was the best conceal choice out there for me, but it just doesn't compare to the SR9c. the G26 has more recoil, and it didn't shoot as accurate for me.

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    I have to admit the G26 bis a bit on the chunky side, but I really do not like all of the safety crap on the new Rugers. I generally like Ruger firearms I personally think they make the best revolvers in the industry. I like the size of the SR9, the way it feels. In the end I have a 26 and love it. But really you will probably be happy with either one. Also I found these spacers that fit over G19 mags and you can use them in the G26 with 15 rounds:): Nice! Got em at cheaper than dirt (except shipping was not cheaper than dirt:xmad:) Anyhow both are good quality guns, really when I think about it I dont carry my 26 all that much but I still love it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Give me the time-tested and plentiful Glock 26 over a new model from any manufacturer (at least in the realm of self-defense).

Ruger does get points for having a guy dual-wielding on the SR9c homepage though. :D

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Thanks for the input. I really like the sr9c but for some reason I am leaning toward the g26. I think maybe its the track record and the simplicity of the gun. I dont know.

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I think maybe its the track record and the simplicity of the gun. I dont know.

That's really what did it for me. I actually had a fairly nice Taurus 709, but trying to find a good holster for it was a challenge, among other things. Even though it was close to being very much the single stack that Glock should have made, it fell short in other ways. What I really wanted was a Glock in the first place. So, I traded it and got a G27 instead. Just that move alone increased the options dramatically (and there is a .357 Sig barrel in my future!).

Go with the 26 if that's what you want ...you wont regret it! :rockwoot:...unless you want to change calibers with a barrel swap (including 9mm, btw) ...then get a 27. :D

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    x2 except for I prefer the sr9c.

Plus the 9c comes with a 17 and 10 round magazine.

Same here. I highly prefer the sr9c. The safety doesn't bother me as it is second nature for me to swipe the safety on draw. For those that don't care for it, it really is not that obrtusive due to its small size. The magazine safety is an easy removal. I do own glocks and do enjoy shooting them but the ruger just feels right and that translates into accuracy and better shot placement for me.

Top Bottom