• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like mine. Great trigger, light to the point that I think the safety is a good idea. I've only had mine for a week now, so not much carrying with it yet. I've carried OWB with a long coat, and it carried great. I'll be getting in my kholster for it hopefully this week. I've put a couple hundred rounds down the pipe without a hiccup.

Here is what Hickock45 thinks:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1q1C_PnIY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5JRZX8_TpM[/ame]

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I consider the SR9c the perfect 1st pistol.

But also good for anyone who wants a thin, light, 9mm with a great trigger and good capacity.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The SR9c is lighter & thinner then the P95. I have handled them several times at the LGS and overall I am impressed with the gun. The internet reviews are favorable as well. If I had the extra cash I would buy one and run it through the paces. The SR9c has some interesting features that seem to attract buyers that are somewhat new to handguns. OP I think you should buy one and write a review for us.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    The SR9c is what I carry, and have been doing it for almost 2 years. I love it. I CC and have never had a single issue with it. It has fired everything I have put through it as well.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have had my SR9C also about a year. Have put 200 rounds of various target type ammo thru it and no issues at all. My two options were SR9C and XDSC but went with the Ruger at $100.00 less and am glad I did. I sometimes just stick it in my waist band othertimes use a Uncle Mikes IWB also at 4 oclock, not as flexible as I once was.

I think you will be pleased, and MADE IN THE USA.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have been carrying mine for around 2 years in a Simply rugged pancake. Carries good. Shoots good. Trigger is good. I only carry it with the 10 round mag. My one complaint is the stiker channel and dirt. I have to keep it spotless or it does run into some issues with light strikes. This may be the same for all stiker fired guns. this is speculation on my part, as this is the only striker fired gun I own or have put any rounds through.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Ok what is a good price for one?

The cheapest that I have heard of was right around $400 but I saw someone post on a forum that they gave $479. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck and it's comfortable. While I have never had any malfunctions with factory ammo, the Ruger forum has had reports of light primer strikes and trigger reset problems. I don't know what to make of that and I would've never known about it if I hadn't read about it on the forums. My gut feeling is that if a new owner gives it a good cleaning (especially in the striker channel) and shoots quality ammo, the gun will be reliable.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I would like to fire one
    sometime. Looks like its a very low profile
    pistol and the price is right. Should be very nice
    for carry.

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Thanks for the reply. I would like to fire one
    sometime. Looks like its a very low profile
    pistol and the price is right. Should be very nice
    for carry.

where are u located? I am in NWI, I own a SR9C if you are close we can meet up at a range and if you buy a box of ammo you can shoot it.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Does anybody have a ruger sr9c? If so, do you like it... Does it carry well

Mike45...
    Search for the thread called "My first Ruger... My last Ruger" which details the problems I had with my sr9c and how Ruger responded.

Even with all of the problems, I am convinced that I got a "lemon" which can happen to any manufacturer. Ruger responded pretty well and ended up sending me a replacement gun. (I did have to pay the FFL fee for the replacement).

I had alot of problems with the pistol from day one. But for the few weeks that it shot well it was a dream to shoot. Great in the hand, accurate, good sights, great trigger, easy to carry, and lots of safeties. I bought a Stoner 415 IWB holster for it, which was a perfect fit. (the holster is for sale on ebay right now since I sold the new sr9c when it arrived... Item Id: 251204182993).

I'm sure if you get one you'll have better luck than I did.

AtlasDM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    I picked mine up for $415 earlier this year and I love it. It's compact enough for concealed carry and large enough to take to the range and shoot without getting uncomfortable. I've put about 1,000 rounds through it since I go to the range once a month and I've never had any jams, feeding issues, or light strikes. It cycles everything I put in it from the cheapest imported surplus to wide mouth hollow-points. This is a great gun and I would recommend it to anyone. I've seen used ones go for around $380. Last time I checked Ruger's website the MSRP was raised to over $500 so anything below that is a deal.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I had one and it was a great pistol!!!

First, the craftsmanship is what you would expect from Ruger. It was build SOLID. There were things I liked and things I didn't...

-3 dot sights were nice for target shooting
    -Trigger was good for self defense purposes with the trigger safety. Not too heavy, but heavy enough I didn't feel like I needed to use the thumb safety to prevent an accidental discharge.
    -The profile was nice and thin and the high ammo capacity was excellent considering its ideally made for Conceal Carry.
    -Never had a problem... that little gun would eat any type of ammo I fed it.​

Didn't like:
    -The slide was HEAVY and the spring was hard! I'm a 200lb guy in pretty decent shape so it wasn't much of a problem for me... but for a female or someone with marginal grip strength, it would be a chore to rack... especially under pressure (should you need to)
    -Grip didn't fit my hand like I wish it had (the ultimate reason I sold it). It was adequate... but I never felt like it was ideal for my hand type. I have long slender fingers and I never felt like I could get a comfortable hold with it and changing the back stop didn't seem to help much. I could have probably bought a hogue for it...​

Final result... I couldn't justify owning the gun because
    -for conceal carry, I felt it was a little bit heavy and some of the new single stack 9's and 45's might be a better option....
    -Open carry would have been ok... but if you are going to open carry, you might as well get a nice full size
    -Range toy? For what it was... it was an incredibly accurate shooter. I'd say in the right hands it was every bit as accurate as a similar model glock, xd or S&W... but I'll be damned if it out shoots a CZ :):

..............I will say tho... while it might not be the best at anything, it was good at everything. For someone who needs a versatile pistol, I think it might be perfect!

I paid $405 out the door ($379 on sale) over at Midwest Guns in Mishawaka. I've seen Midwest have them on sale for $379 periodically since....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom