• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Congratulations! Let us know what you think after you try it out. I have a friend that needs to replace his Jimenez 9mm with something more reliable. The Ruger might be a good choice for him. He is on a very tight budget.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I picked up an SR9c recently because I wanted to test one out. Overall I am very impressed with the gun. It has a lot of safety features on it which are attractive to first time gun buyers. I do not personally care for the manual safety and loaded chamber indicator but I recognize that is a selling point for many people. I do like that the gun is south paw friendly. The trigger is good for a factory stock striker fired gun. Recoil is manageable. Accuracy was good. Sights are decent and adjustable. I took the gun out of the box, no cleaning just a little lube and it ran perfectly. I shoot several brands of ammo including a box of cheap, steel cased wolf. 100% function. They got the size right. The gun would be easy to carry and with the 17 round extended mag it could easily pull double duty for home defense. Overall I think the Ruger SR9c one of the best values that I have seen.

All this praise and now that I have played with it I have not decided if I am going to keep it.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am on my second one and have had no issues with either one. Clean the factory grease and oil out of it. I like to break in with two or three brands of ammo and rotate mags to see if it likes all brands ammo. Fun to shoot and accurate, heavy enough to absorb most of the recoil. A size 15 Uncle Mikes makes a nice IWB carry holster. Have fun, good luck.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I like mine - in my experience - it will loosen up and become even more enjoyable to shoot. Mine was very tight to rack the slide when I first got it.

Of course that may just be mental - or becoming more accustomed to it - but I do think it got easier to shoot.

If you don't have an Uplula loader - invest in one... those mag's are pretty tough on the fingers.

bonnellt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not at all. $395 on the internet. As of a week or so ago they were on special allocation so I could not get it at my local gun shop. The FFL fee was $25 on top of that. I personally think it is a sweet gun for that price. It included the 10 rd and 17 rd mags. I went for the all black which seems a little bit harder to find.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Congratulations.
    I really like the SR9c and think you will be pleased once you get it to the range!

Top Bottom