• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so the Bersa is gettng ready to be returned for warranty service again yeah will be 2nd time since purchase and and 2nd range trip. I had two other experienced people watch me and fire the gun as well as shooting it themselves ftf and fte all over again. So I want to replace it with a Ruger SR9C seems like they can be purchssed for $399.00 with two magizines seems like a decent price? Also any one here have one and what are your thoughts on it? It will be used for every day carry for me and hopefully my wife will want to take ownership of it since she is looking at moving up from her SR22. She has also held it and likes weight and feel of it. Any thoughts or experiences with it?

Thanks

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    My uncle in law has an SR9C that I have shot several times. It is a great gun. He has never had any problems, and he really enjoys it. He prefers it with the extended mag as it balances the gun out better.

I have an SR9 (not the compact), and I cannot say enough good things about it. In comparing the two models side by side, they are pretty darn similar.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister has one. It has never failed in any way. It hits what you point it at. It is the perfect gun for her. I have issue with the short grip length unless I use the extended mag and then it fits my hand.

Bersa is a crap shoot. 50/50 chance of getting a good one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I picked up an SR9c a couple of weeks ago from a friend. I ran 100 rounds through it. My opinion is that the SR9c is the best value in the $400 price range. I am impressed with the gun and will be recommending it. Once I sight it in and clean it up I am going to sell it to another friend as his first handgun.

bonnellt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Jsut bought 1

I picked up an SR9c a couple of weeks ago from a friend. I ran 100 rounds through it. My opinion is that the SR9c is the best value in the $400 price range. I am impressed with the gun and will be recommending it. Once I sight it in and clean it up I am going to sell it to another friend as his first handgun.

+1, just bought one.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had one and it never gave me any problems. Just wish they would have put a set screw in the grip sleeve for the extended mag.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ok so the Bersa is gettng ready to be returned for warranty service again yeah will be 2nd time since purchase and and 2nd range trip. I had two other experienced people watch me and fire the gun as well as shooting it themselves ftf and fte all over again. So I want to replace it with a Ruger SR9C seems like they can be purchssed for $399.00 with two magizines seems like a decent price? Also any one here have one and what are your thoughts on it? It will be used for every day carry for me and hopefully my wife will want to take ownership of it since she is looking at moving up from her SR22. She has also held it and likes weight and feel of it. Any thoughts or experiences with it?

Thanks

I owned one....

Pros
    -Reliable... after 1k rounds it had zero failures
    -Sights were good
    -Great profile for a conceal carry
    -Trigger wasn't bad for a DAO... (even though I prefer DA/SA)
    -Good capacity for its size!

Cons
    -The frame is light compared to the heavy rail so the gun feels unbalanced
    -The grip... even after changing the backstraps, never felt comfortable
    -The slide was heavy to pull... if you are considering this for your wife, make sure she tries to rack the slide before you buy. There are techniques for women to make it easier, but that slide was HEAVY.

Overall... it wasn't a bad gun. For the price you get a pretty nice polymer pistol, but IMHO there are better options out there for just a tad bit more. IMHO the Glocks, S&W's and XDm are all better choices and more refined for that category. I think they are worth the extra $100 or so. The Berretta PX4 Strom SC and CZ P-07 might be the best of the bunch... but no one ever mentions them :dunno:

Ultimately, I sold it and bought a CZ Rami and never looked back.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Lucky is right about the slide. Stiff recoil spring, my wife can't rack the slide. Although, it is easier than it was when I first got it.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had a chance to take my new one to the range. I was shooting it side by side with a Sig P250 compact. It felt slimmer in my hand but comfortable. Had no issues with any of the ammo I fed it. And cleaning after was easy. Not Glock easy but easy enough.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Lucky is right about the slide. Stiff recoil spring, my wife can't rack the slide. Although, it is easier than it was when I first got it.

Have her try this. Proper technique makes it much easier.

[video=youtube_share;kbayNc6D9HY]http://youtu.be/kbayNc6D9HY[/video]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes the slide is stiff to run. Combination of the short double recoil spring and relatively little slide to grab onto. I gave my wife the choice between the SR9c and a full size M&P Pro. She could handle the M&P a lot easier. Of course the Smith is a bit nicer as far as fit and finish.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have an SR9c that is my EDC pistol. I have nothing bad to say about it either. Mine has 1000 rounds or so downrange and runs like a sewing machine no matter what I feed it. I just bought an SR45 as well and so far with only 100 rounds through it I love it as well.

Hard to compare a compact pistol to a full sized one and not have the full sized one win in ease of use so I feel this is apples to oranges but that's me. I do plan on selling my SR9C and using the money to get a full sized SR9 instead though. I open carry far more than conceal carry so I may as well have the full sized piece.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hard to compare a compact pistol to a full sized one and not have the full sized one win in ease of use so I feel this is apples to oranges but that's me. I do plan on selling my SR9C and using the money to get a full sized SR9 instead though. I open carry far more than conceal carry so I may as well have the full sized piece.

Honestly I don't think a person is giving up that much with the SR9c vs the SR9. I actually think the SR9c trigger is a little better. Plus the full size mag with grip sleeve gives the full size feel. I would just open carry the SR45 and keep the compact for when you need a compact.

Top Bottom