• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been wanting a 1911 9mm and I had to read this post when I was it.
    Now I'm going to be looking all weekend. :laugh:
    These are priced out of my usual $300-/+ range, so even though I have wanted a 9mm 1911, I don't know what to focus on.
    The Beretta M9 has gotten my attention, but a Ruger has a great reputation as well (at least in my newbie mind).
    Thanks for the info! :coffee:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Happy to report that so far, the Officer has 150 trouble-free rounds through it. For today's outing, it ran as perfectly as the SR1911 9mm Commander did on its first range trip. Seems to be plenty accurate too... even my son, who is definitely more of a rifle kid, nailed a dead-center bull's-eye on his second or third shot. The only thing I had to do was put a dab of blue Loctite on the grip screws, which I should have done before I hit the range. I was also pleasantly surprised with how soft a shooter it is. I know it's early and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself, but I think it's a keeper.

A friend of mine just bought a Ruger 1911 in 45 ACP. I believe it is the Commander. He loves it. Although I believe the 45 is an awesome round, I have no desire to add another caliber. I have several 1911 type pistols, but no true 1911. This is very appealing. If you think about it, update as you get more rounds down range, and congrats on your purchase.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If you think about it, update as you get more rounds down range, and congrats on your purchase.

Bump for updates. Still running good?
    Oof, sorry guys, I've been slow to get back to the range so I can provide more feedback on the Officer's Model. Still absolutely NO regrets on this one, though! Fit and finish is great, it so far has run like a sewing machine, and the trigger keeps getting better as I fire it on my LaserLyte target at least a couple or so times a week. I think it's a winner, and I've seen prices slowly start to come down with my usual Grab-A-Gun and Bud's websites. I did pick up an extra Metalform Magazine for it from Midway with another order. I have come to like Mec Gar mags quite well for my CZ pistols, but they don't have an offier's size 9mm mag out that I could find. Anyway, this mag will get a run-through the next time I hit the range, and I promise I'll report back as soon as I do!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It's been a while since I posted an update on the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model. I had a chance to get to a buddy's outdoor range yesterday, and put another 100+ rounds through it without a single hiccup. I'm still amazed at what an accurate and soft shooter this is. The trigger keeps getting better and better, I'm really enjoying this gun!

Here's an image of it broken down on my bench, ready to clean:

1vut8sM.jpg
    [/IMG]

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Ok - I am probably just asking for it, but I have to ask;

Why is this better than a Star BM?

Either nobody has an answer, or this is so outrageous that no one believes it warrants a response?? Must I guess??

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Another 100+ rounds downrange today with the SR1911 9mm Officer, and still not a single issue to report. So far this continues to run like a sewing machine. The trigger has broken in nicely, and it's dead-on when I do my job.

S9g2UQ3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another 100+ rounds downrange today with the SR1911 9mm Officer, and still not a single issue to report. So far this continues to run like a sewing machine. The trigger has broken in nicely, and it's dead-on when I do my job.

S9g2UQ3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

1. I am such a novice, but as such: it is a drop-dead gorgeous machine.
    2. Even novices have an opinions that are right on target!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I am such a novice, but as such: it is a drop-dead gorgeous machine.
    Even novices have an opinions that are right on target!
    Thank you. It's a runner, and a keeper. It's a close call, but I'd say this has become my favorite to carry and sling lead with at the range. It's great when a carry gun isn't a compromise... this is fun to shoot, and easy to shoot well.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

S9g2UQ3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Oh my .... that's a great looking firearm too ! :yesway:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    1911s in 9mm = Sacrilege! 1911s were meant to be made in only one caliber .45 acp the way the “Gun Gods”, the leader of which is, John Moses Browning, meant them to be! Peace. Out.

Top Bottom