• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    I would just like to ask why it is necessary that a pic be posted with a wts or wtt . I am a reasonable guy and can understand rules when they have a valid reason. To me alot of things don't need a pic. Just asking, so before you post something smart. Like get out of the 90's, maybe it's a fad. I will go ahead and respond by saying, get out of your mother's basement, go outside and use your hands to build something, do something productive. Not all of us set around in front of our computers and blog all day. And if your going to require pics, maybe you get the programmer that did craigslist and make it super simple to post a pic.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We asked members to post pics or at least tell readers that "pictures were not available," which would prevent people from bumping the thread asking for pictures. We thought that was a simple request, but many did not comply, so we spend a great deal of time asking people to post pics and waiting for them to reply, which hardly ever happened. At that point, we began simply removing the ads and providing warnings, but that didn't help. We then began giving infraction, which caused many to reply angrily in PMs. We then decided to simply require that all WTT/WTS ads have a picture, which alleviates that problem and it also provides a visual to members of what they are buying. That LNIB Glock with the holster wear can be seen, which allows a prospective buyer to determine if it's really LNIB. I think we broadcast this change for a couple of weeks, at least.

I would love to see an easier process to post pics. I agree it appears to be antiquated and behind the times, but it's what we have and I'm not sure why Fenway has not upgraded; however, I'm sure he has his reasons. He doesn't skimp on the site, so it must be a technical matter that I don't understand. Anyway, if you need help learning how to post pics, I would be glad to walk you through the process.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Funny chezuki. It's a simple question really. Unless your a member of congress, they don't answer questions. You must be one of the ones in their mother's basement.

I'm not sure where he lives, but he does come out in public...I've met him more than once...and even gone shooting with him. Gun forum after all...

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    Thank you Que for the explanation. I like this site. I don't look at it on a daily basis, but have made a lot of transactions with a lot of good people on here. Some of the others on here need a lesson on socializing. I would suggest that it be made easier to post a pic. It will keep people posting here and more classifieds to look at. I posted my item that got deleted on armslist. Had no issues and pics were very easy to upload. Thanks again.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No problem. I'm sorry we couldn't just finish this via PM. I hope your item sells fast on Armslist.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I know the thread is closed, but I just wanted to remind everyone that if you find INGO's Albums to be not User Friendly, using image sites like Imigur, Photobucket, etc is much easier.
    I recommend IMGUR. It could not be easier. It even gives you the link, already in the IMG tags so you can just cut n paste directly into your ad, without using our picture button.

Added an IMGUR tutorial to the Pic Tutorial..
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...74-posting-pictures-tutorial.html#post5569355

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom