• ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Not according to the rules.
    Read scenario 5 in the NROI example above.

Ok. So if both feet are out at start position is not significant advantage whereas both feet out during shooting (stepped out of fault line either through momentum or lack of awareness) is a significant advantage. Still clear cut for me. It'll just be annoying to explain it to the offender. :):

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The foot fault thing is ridiculous. Last year 2018 at Nationals I voiced my opinion to the President of the organization. I voiced my opinion to the range mistress that wrote the opinion quoted in the OP. The penalty should be per shot fired period and be done. Jodi said they clarified in the new rules what significant advantage was. I explained to her that she could not be more wrong.

Per shot fired while faulting the line makes it the shooters fault for not staying in the shooting area, and that is where the blame belongs. But in this left leaning nation of ninnies I doubt the rule will change.

If the RO can determine the score the fact that something did not get pasted does not mean automatic re-shoot. If the RO is uncertain then a re-shoot must occur.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ok. So if both feet are out at start position is not significant advantage whereas both feet out during shooting (stepped out of fault line either through momentum or lack of awareness) is a significant advantage. Still clear cut for me. It'll just be annoying to explain it to the offender. :):

No because they likely don't know the rules at all.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I thought the reason for taking away the rulebooks was so stuff like this could be fixed promptly (ok, actually I thought it was about money and somebody wanting to be all progressive & stuff, but I read that it was so stuff could be fixed promptly).

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm tired of talking about foot faults.
    This rule was an easy fix. Per shot fired is the way to go.
    In my mind the wordsmithing in the rule book and the attempt at clarification muddied the already murky water.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom