• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I tried to pm this to DanielOcean, the mod who sent me the infraction, but it said my mailbox was 100% full even though its not. Im assuming its restricted? What am I missing? Doesn't that rule apply to the OP as its written? My post wasn't a joke. My offer was serious.

My attempted pm to the mod over this infraction said,

"Huh? This isn't my ad so how does this particular INGO classified rule apply? As written, that rule only applies to the OP. What am I missing? My post was serious and to the point."

It was in response to this pm I received from DanielOcean.

danielocean03 said:
    Dear pirate,

You have received an infraction at INGunOwners.

Reason: Classified Ads Rules Violation
    -------
    Just a friendly reminder that you may only bump your ad 24 hours after the last post in the thread. Please see the following two links for more information. Thanks!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/30890-off-topic_comments_in_classified_ads.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...assifieds_-_you_must_read_before_posting.html

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/trash_can/255296-ot_chatter.html#post3643267
    I'll do $525 if you don't want his $500 dollar offer.
    All the best,
    INGunOwners

Any thoughts on whats up?

Thanks

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    That isn't what the mod listed as my violation states though. The only other rule that I see that comes close to applying is:

7. Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. Because ads move so quickly, the staff are having to spend huge amounts of time deleting irrelevant posts in threads to keep them from bumping early. Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc. If an ad states WTS then do not ask if they will trade. If the ad states WTT do not ask if they have a cash price.

But again, It says to keep your post relevant to the ad. Which mine was/is. So that is why I'm a little confused.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    You may have been swept up with a bunch of others on accident. I'll PM him to see what's up. For some reason the infraction/warning function for MODs has changed its format and the infraction options have changed their order. I gave someone a "copyright" infraction earlier today when I meant for it to be a classifieds infraction.

(NOt saying this is what you were doing but...) The classifieds are a buzz with people posting in them as if they were a regular chat forum. We are trying to keep up with the folks that simply cannot keep their thoughts to themselves. We feel like cops at a speed trap right now trying to keep up with all the crap.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Pirate, your offer of $525 on an item the seller is asking $1,500.00 for should have been sent in a private message, not in the open thread. Your response resulted in an unnecessary bump of the thread.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Pirate, your offer of $525 on an item the seller is asking $1,500.00 for should have been sent in a private message, not in the open thread. Your response resulted in an unnecessary bump of the thread.

I understand now. However, I don't see how I violated any of the current classified ad rules by that offer as it was relevant to the topic per the classified guidelines. Id like to request a bit of leniency here as there was no way of me knowing that I was breaking any classified rules before posting my serious offer.

Also, was I correct to assume that the infraction is the reason why my inbox says full? How long does this last?

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I understand now. However, I don't see how I violated any of the current classified ad rules by that offer as it was relevant to the topic per the classified guidelines. Id like to request a bit of leniency here as there was no way of me knowing that I was breaking any classified rules before posting my serious offer.

Also, was I correct to assume that the infraction is the reason why my inbox says full? How long does this last?
    :rockwoot:Wear the Infraction with honor... :ingo:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Believe me, you're not the first to receive an infraction due to loosely interpreted rules. Give it up, it won't help.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My first INGO infraction was for making comments in the classifieds. Some guy was threatening to take his dog to the pound if no one adopted him. I told the asshat they would euthanize his dog if he did that. I got an infraction for it. So I have learned to keep my comments to myself in the classifieds. Apparently you need to send PM's if you have comments.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Yeah some of those ads are worth an infraction to poke the gougin fools.

S'pose we could poke 'em in a PM and not antigonize the Mods. And yes, I was guilty today. Sorry Doc.

The main reason I was concerned was because the infraction appears to have led to my loss of mailbox privileges.

The infraction isn't my first. In fact, I had one over a year ago for the exact same bumping rule that Daniel posted here. Except that time I was the OP and didn't realize bumping my own ad meant you couldn't reply to buyers questions in the thread when asked. (If I remember right) That particular rule violation I agreed with as I went back and re-read the FAQ's and sure enough, I was wrong about OP bumping.

Which is why I remember that rule so well today. lol. I try not to break that rule, but I wasn't aware (per current FAQ version) that it also applies to buyers and not just the OP bumping his own ad for the typical (24 hour "bump" that most people put everyday.). ill just have to wait and see what they say when they discuss it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom