Rural King: S/W M/P 2.0 Compact: $385 ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I haven't shot any of the 2.0 M&Ps, but every M&P I have owned I have had to give the Apex FSS treatment to to be happy with. I had one Dan Burwell went through for me that I thought was better than Apex. Ended up selling all but two of them. Haven't shot those two in a long time.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I called the RK in Greenwood. They give the rebate in the form of a gift card, so it's useful if you need something there. I'd rather use the money for a nice holster for it. I inquired about the .45, and for the price, I'd rather get the Sig 320 Carry w/night sights offered to me for $560 (New).

If you want to try the 2.0, Point Blank was offering a free 5 shot test fire. That doesn't give much time to decide, but you could always rent one if you were close to a decision, or maybe a fellow INGOer has one and could meet you there, split the range time and you could try theirs out?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. As compared to everything else of the same genre: Why?
    2. Perhaps it cannot be told, but experienced: if so, I understand (based on my car experience :laugh: )

Well, I can't compare it to everything else in the same genre, but compared to the Glock 19, the ergonomics are just better in my opinion (grip angle, etc). I had loved my Glocks for years (and still do for the simplicity, and function, etc) but the M&P just feels more natural, which is a subjective thing. I will also say that I tried the original M&P 9C several years ago and it was not for me. I sold it off even after putting in an APEX RAM kit to make the trigger reset more tactile, and it still did not do it for me. I just could not adjust to it coming from my Glocks.

Then the 2.0 Compact came out (which is a much different sized gun than the original M&P 9C as well) and I loved it.

But I will reiterate this, since you brought up the Shield comparison multiple times, this is not a Shield sized gun.

You can compare the specs here:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-compact & M&P®9 SHIELD M2.0? | Smith & Wesson

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I called the RK in Greenwood. They give the rebate in the form of a gift card, so it's useful if you need something there. I'd rather use the money for a nice holster for it. I inquired about the .45, and for the price, I'd rather get the Sig 320 Carry w/night sights offered to me for $560 (New).

If you want to try the 2.0, Point Blank was offering a free 5 shot test fire. That doesn't give much time to decide, but you could always rent one if you were close to a decision, or maybe a fellow INGOer has one and could meet you there, split the range time and you could try theirs out?

1. I will rent one at Point Blank, along with other 9mms I haven't shot yet: I just didn't have time to mess with it Sat.
    2. I would not have any problem paying for range time to be able to spend time with another INGO member and take advantage with his gun.
    3. Anytime someone has suggested that I've always been open to it, but it has never happened: everyone is busy with life, I know I am.
    4. I am not "close" to a decision by any means since I am busy working through other gun issues.
    5. I have sold 2 guns, but turned around and bought 2 guns: hard to make progress on this "thinning" business.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I will rent one at Point Blank, along with other 9mms I haven't shot yet: I just didn't have time to mess with it Sat.
    2. I would not have any problem paying for range time to be able to spend time with another INGO member and take advantage with his gun.
    3. Anytime someone has suggested that I've always been open to it, but it has never happened: everyone is busy with life, I know I am.
    4. I am not "close" to a decision by any means since I am busy working through other gun issues.
    5. I have sold 2 guns, but turned around and bought 2 guns: hard to make progress on this "thinning" business.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That is the most illogical and impractical goal I have EVER seen!!! Lol
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. If my wife only knew the half of it! She thinks I'm totally out of control. :dunno:
    2. But, all my guns still into 1 bag (barely, now), excluding the Henry rifle, of course.
    3. that has most of you beat my a long shot, from the sounds of it. :laugh:

Top Bottom