• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yesterday, following the CNN Tea Party Republican Debate, Rush Limbaugh opened his show by saying that Ron Paul should join the Democrat Party. Yes, Ron Paul, the same candidate who is indisputably the most fiscally conservative guy on the stage, bar none. The candidate who has never voted for an unbalanced budget, never voted to raise taxes, supports 100% gun rights, is against the U.N., supports smaller government and actually means it, on and on. Ron Paul is a true "republican" in the old sense of the word, before the term became tainted with neo-conservatism.

Why would old Rushie say that? Is there no room for a real constitutionalist in his party?

First you must understand something.

Why does America bounce back and forth between statists from the Left and statists from the right? The answer is that you are trained from birth to accept the Left-Right Paradigm. You are taught to align yourself with one side and then mold your views so that you match up with the paradigm that the Establishment has framed for us. Both sides are framed as strategically supporting some rights and disparaging others. Most importantly, it keeps you thinking that these are the only two worldviews to adopt.

If you like gun rights and mildly lower taxes, then you must be a right-winger and you must also accept prohibition, foreign interventionism, a police state, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Republicans whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

If you like other civil liberties and mildly less war, then you must be a left-winger and you must also accept a welfare state, class warfare, openly push for nationalizing agencies, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Democrats whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

What does this have to do with Rush Limbaugh?

His job is to keep you stuck on being a "Right-winger." He will reel you in by making some economic sense. You will feel comfortable with him being the figurehead of modern "conservatism" and subconsciously shape your beliefs to line up with his. The more you embrace being a hardcore right-winger, the better. You are religiously taught to hate anything that does not fall into "Conservatism" as he defines it, most of all, liberals.

Soon like an invisible switch in your mind, you have a negative reaction to anything "liberal", associated with civil liberties, critical of war, critical of your Party leader, critical of prohibition, etc.

Somebody like Ron Paul shatters the Left-Right Paradigm, and makes people realize that they can coherently be for less spending and less war at the same time! They can be for less agencies and civil liberties at the same time! They can be for gun rights and for privacy rights at the same time!! This is incredible! I thought I was supposed to hate the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th amendments, since they are pro-criminal like Rush told me.

It is humorous to hear Rush Limbaugh speak about Ron Paul because it exposes him for being the Establishment Gatekeeper that he really is. You see, fiscal conservatism, is not Rush's goal. Instead, Limbaugh's career revolves around:

• keeping you stuck in the Left-Right Paradigm
    • electing the Republican Establishment
    • preserving the Military-Industrial Complex
    • keeping you occupied with the petty bashing of Democrats
    • keeping your eyes from focusing on the unfolding Police State
    Understanding all of this will help you understand Rush's comments. The fact that Ron Paul is even being discussed on this so-called hardcore "conservative's" show is a sign that Paul is within striking distance of beating the Establishment candidates. Normally Paul would not be mentioned, if only briefly for a jab about him being a "kook."

Rush betrayed you. In your heart you know it to be true.

Limbaugh thinks that Ron Paul is so dangerous to the Paradigm, that he will destroy the whole Republican Party, when in reality, he's the best thing that the Republican Party has going for it on the national stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7LBmNdL28

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    It gives me great pleasure to see how much fear of Ron Paul they have this time around. I'm still not ready to place odds on him winning the GOP nomination, but they're getting better every week. Only uneducated, stubborn and evil people will refuse to listen to Ron

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is coming from someone who used to listen to all the conservative talking heads and guzzle their bull**** on a daily basis. It is now clear to me that Rush is the mouthpiece of the Establishment. He spouts some truth mixed with dangerous hypocrisy and lies. Release yourself from the mind trap!!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I consider myself a strong conservative...but after listening to Rush for about 3 years during the Clinton yrs I quit listening to him so have no idea where he's at today. This could be the reason why if he said this. I'm not a Ron Paul fan....but Ron Paul is strong pro-life so Rush should know this wouldn't add up to a (D) by a long shot.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I do listen to rush because I get tired of listening to the same music over and over again. I did hear him say this today and could not believe it. He claims that he backs no one but in non stop criticizing Ron Paul and Michelle Bachman. He has no true interest in seeing this country improve itself. His only interests are his advertising for his overpriced tea. Nobody in media that I have found is willing to go against the establishment and speak about these people truthfully. If Ron Paul has a chance it has to be done by the true Tea Party and not the politicians saying they are Tea Party "leaders".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yesterday, following the CNN Tea Party Republican Debate, Rush Limbaugh opened his show by saying that Ron Paul should join the Democrat Party. Yes, Ron Paul, the same candidate who is indisputably the most fiscally conservative guy on the stage, bar none. The candidate who has never voted for an unbalanced budget, never voted to raise taxes, supports 100% gun rights, is against the U.N., supports smaller government and actually means it, on and on. Ron Paul is a true "republican" in the old sense of the word, before the term became tainted with neo-conservatism.

Why would old Rushie say that? Is there no room for a real constitutionalist in his party?

First you must understand something.

Why does America bounce back and forth between statists from the Left and statists from the right? The answer is that you are trained from birth to accept the Left-Right Paradigm. You are taught to align yourself with one side and then mold your views so that you match up with the paradigm that the Establishment has framed for us. Both sides are framed as strategically supporting some rights and disparaging others. Most importantly, it keeps you thinking that these are the only two worldviews to adopt.

If you like gun rights and mildly lower taxes, then you must be a right-winger and you must also accept prohibition, foreign interventionism, a police state, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Republicans whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

If you like other civil liberties and mildly less war, then you must be a left-winger and you must also accept a welfare state, class warfare, openly push for nationalizing agencies, and you must defend the continuous stream of douchebag Democrats whom the Establishment chooses to lead the party.

What does this have to do with Rush Limbaugh?

His job is to keep you stuck on being a "Right-winger." He will reel you in by making some economic sense. You will feel comfortable with him being the figurehead of modern "conservatism" and subconsciously shape your beliefs to line up with his. The more you embrace being a hardcore right-winger, the better. You are religiously taught to hate anything that does not fall into "Conservatism" as he defines it, most of all, liberals.

Soon like an invisible switch in your mind, you have a negative reaction to anything "liberal", associated with civil liberties, critical of war, critical of your Party leader, critical of prohibition, etc.

Somebody like Ron Paul shatters the Left-Right Paradigm, and makes people realize that they can coherently be for less spending and less war at the same time! They can be for less agencies and civil liberties at the same time! They can be for gun rights and for privacy rights at the same time!! This is incredible! I thought I was supposed to hate the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th amendments, since they are pro-criminal like Rush told me.

It is humorous to hear Rush Limbaugh speak about Ron Paul because it exposes him for being the Establishment Gatekeeper that he really is. You see, fiscal conservatism, is not Rush's goal. Instead, Limbaugh's career revolves around:

• keeping you stuck in the Left-Right Paradigm
    • electing the Republican Establishment
    • preserving the Military-Industrial Complex
    • keeping you occupied with the petty bashing of Democrats
    • keeping your eyes from focusing on the unfolding Police State
    Understanding all of this will help you understand Rush's comments. The fact that Ron Paul is even being discussed on this so-called hardcore "conservative's" show is a sign that Paul is within striking distance of beating the Establishment candidates. Normally Paul would not be mentioned, if only briefly for a jab about him being a "kook."

Rush betrayed you. In your heart you know it to be true.

Limbaugh thinks that Ron Paul is so dangerous to the Paradigm, that he will destroy the whole Republican Party, when in reality, he's the best thing that the Republican Party has going for it on the national stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv7LBmNdL28

Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah.

I don't like facing reality either. We should form a support group. I tried putting my head in the sand, but then when I reared my head to look at what's going on, I was shocked by how much everything tasted like poop. Maybe it was just the spot I picked.

Da Bing

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Rush is an entertainer. Like Ms Palin, he plays to the ratings. That's how they each make their money. If one keeps this in perspective, it's much easier to understand.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I listen to Greg Garrison, Rush, and Dana Daily..... you are forgetting one very important detail Rambone, unlike all the other folks in your "People Who Destroy my world" category.... they are entertainers, no more, no less. I think you are over complicating their contribution to society.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He may be an entertainer, but he is no less keeping people trapped in the paradigm just as I said, along with the other points I made.

Rush will keep you worrying about Anthony Weiner's sex scandal for 2 full months, but never mention the hundreds of incredible stories of the growing Police State that we talk about here on this site.

People dying from wrongful/unnecessary home raids... TSA tyranny... FBI spying on citizens and staging their own terror attacks... checkpoints on the streets... warrantless bag searches in metros... 4th amendment eviscerated... WHEN is the last time Rush bothered to talk about that stuff? And don't tell me those stories aren't entertaining. If you are a good little "dittohead," you aren't supposed to question the boundless government Security Complex. That is the part of government that "conservatives" are taught to embrace.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I used to listen to Rush's program every day. For a while, I would try to arrange my schedule so I wouldn't miss it. But, I soon tired of the vitriol and started looking forward to the days when Walter E Williams was guest hosting more than when Rush was on himself.

Some of his points are good ones, but he has an agenda. Just like those he rails against. I suspect that $$$$ is his only true master.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't like facing reality either. We should form a support group. I tried putting my head in the sand, but then when I reared my head to look at what's going on, I was shocked by how much everything tasted like poop. Maybe it was just the spot I picked.

Da Bing

That's what it sounds like to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    People dying from wrongful/unnecessary home raids... TSA tyranny... FBI spying on citizens and staging their own terror attacks... checkpoints on the streets... warrantless bag searches in metros... 4th amendment eviscerated... WHEN is the last time Rush bothered to talk about that stuff?

You mean like his talking about the Gibson guitar raid?

Look, no matter how cool Alex Jones is, Rush is not Alex Jones. Why would Rush, the most successful talk radio guy in history, work Alex's side of the street?:dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Rush is an entertainer. Like Ms Palin, he plays to the ratings. That's how they each make their money. If one keeps this in perspective, it's much easier to understand.

I've been listening to Rush for a long time, when I can. Say what you will about him, I don't think anyone can honestly say he panders to his audience, rather he has gathered an audience about him that generally agrees with his view of things. It took me awhile to understand that his bombastic style IS entertainment, but he has plenty to say and plenty of folks agree with him, although I would guess that most folks don't agree completely with all his comments, as I don't.

I haven't followed Sarah Palin as closely as some of you appear to, but nothing I've heard indicates to me that 'she plays to the ratings' any more than Rush does. She has some deeply held views that are apparently resonating with a good-sized segment of potential voters, and she seems able to articulate those views with minimal notes. That she is able to make money by doing so makes her no different than any other politician or celebrity, including, for instance, Ron Paul.

Top Bottom