• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Question now is will the stop at just Crimea or Ukraine as a whole? My guess is they'll stop at Crimea, but I've been wrong before.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If I remember correctly it is like a large island with a small connective point into the Ukraine. So the easy way to hold it from land forces is just to close off the small connector. If I remember history lessons the tarters were the main population until Stalin forcefully removed them to Asia and sent in Russian settlers. thus the ties to the Russia. State. The Russians gave it back to Ukraine under the Kruscheve era and when a coup in Russia failed against Gorbachev he was at his vacation home in Crimea. I don't think the Russians want the rest of the country. I believe the major European gas piping that supplies 50% of the gas is there also.

It was concurred by the Greeks Romans Polish Mongols ottoman Turks and Russians so it has had lots of action in the distance and near past. I think the march of the 600 into death was British vs Russian troops.

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    Kind of reminds me of the Nazi's taking Austria before they could have the vote to join the Reich or not. Putin has been trying to install a pro Russian government and the people stepped up and said that wasn't what they wanted. So they oust Putin's man, so Putin invades an whole region without a shot. Why stop in crimea, when Putin can take all of the Ukraine and take it for himself. Let's stop calling him a president or prime minister or whatever title he has to switch to every few years and call him what he is, dictator. Medvedev and the rest of the Russian government are just Putin's puppets. He doesn't have to worry about us, becuase he mops the floor with our bumbling, stumbling dear leader every chance he has gotten on the world stage. Just goes to show how stupid 50.1% of America is. To not only elect him once but twice.

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    the excuse to protect the native Russians. Isn't that the Same excuse why Hitler wanted the sudatenland?

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You sure this isn't just about liebensraum (sp?)?

That would be 'space to love'. Perhaps you mean Lebensraum, 'space to live'? :laugh: Those Russkies!!

I don't know why we should be upset, it's not like he moved into Kuwait?

When the USSR broke up, it was inevitable that Russia would end up doing precisely these kinds of 'adjustments'. Remember when Obama told Medvedev he would be more 'flexible' after the election?

Obama tells Russia's Medvedev more flexibility after election | Reuters

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    I forgot all about that. But I can't believe Obama would want to be more flexable for Putin. He is already Putin's door mat. Do you think Obama will ever grow a back bone and act like the potus should? With Syria and Iran he is all bark and no bite, why should Russia fear him if Syria doesn't?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I forgot all about that. But I can't believe Obama would want to be more flexable for Putin. He is already Putin's door mat. Do you think Obama will ever grow a back bone and act like the potus should? With Syria and Iran he is all bark and no bite, why should Russia fear him if Syria doesn't?

The president has a pen and a phone. He used the phone to call Vladimir. What do you suppose Vlad told him to do with the pen? :dunno:

http://weaselzippers.us/177483-buda...994-may-commit-u-s-britain-to-defend-ukraine/

Just like the West defended Poland in 1939? Maybe we can send Bill and Hillary to straighten this out?

Anyway, as a poster in the Washington Times suggested, there was probably some video that got the Russkies all upset. BO must find the director and punish him! And apologize to the UN while he's at it.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

He for damn sure is Putin's *****. THIS is how history will remember him. He's showing his weakness on the world stage. But I'll give Putin credit. He's an extremely smartly leader, and more importantly, has a HUGE set of brass ones. Putin made a mistake by supporting the ousted Ukrainian president, but rather than pack it in, he doubled down, and took another gigantic risk. To be honest, the last president who I think could match him, would probably be Ronnie. I almost would have said HW (being former CIA directorate, and all), but he lacked the panache that Reagan had.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm not sure what the USA could do in response to this stuff. Troops, military support? Hell no!!!. Trade embargoes? Well, unless other nations do the same thing, not much pain will be felt if just us embargo them. Strong words?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I'm not sure what the USA could do in response to this stuff. Troops, military support? Hell no!!!. Trade embargoes? Well, unless other nations do the same thing, not much pain will be felt if just us embargo them. Strong words?

A pen? A poke in the eye? Maybe not make promises, and then later mealy-mouth your way out of them?

Obama said "there will be costs". Yes, he will probably take his pen, and issue an EO shutting off importation of Russian small-arms ammunition.

obama-desk_s640x427.jpg

And the Taiwanese should be worried about now, given Barry's Pacific re-alignment...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Step one, freeze all Russian financial assets (other nations would follow suit)
    Step two, force Russia to use a security council veto
    Step three, sell some military hardware to Georgia
    Step four, reopen talks with Poland about a missile defense system
    Step five, allow limited drilling in the Gulf, and offer to undercut Russian oil prices to those they supply
    Step six, ban all Russians from Disneyland, lol. Actually restrict Russian nationals from traveling to the U.S. and EU nations, and expel all Russian nationals (students, athletes, entertainers, everybody!) if after a year, Russian forces are still in the Ukraine.

That's how it's done, and nary a U.S. boot on the ground.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Step one, freeze all Russian financial assets (other nations would follow suit)
    Step two, force Russia to use a security council veto
    Step three, sell some military hardware to Georgia
    Step four, reopen talks with Poland about a missile defense system
    Step five, allow limited drilling in the Gulf, and offer to undercut Russian oil prices to those they supply
    Step six, ban all Russians from Disneyland, lol. Actually restrict Russian nationals from traveling to the U.S. and EU nations, and expel all Russian nationals (students, athletes, entertainers, everybody!) if after a year, Russian forces are still in the Ukraine.

That's how it's done, and nary a U.S. boot on the ground.

You don't really see Barry doing any of the above do you? Unless it pertained to Gay Rights in Russia, then maybe...

China's watching. Iran's watching. Whoever succeeds Barry will have their work cut out for them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A pen? A poke in the eye? Maybe not make promises, and then later mealy-mouth your way out of them?

Obama said "there will be costs". Yes, he will probably take his pen, and issue an EO shutting off importation of Russian small-arms ammunition.

And the Taiwanese should be worried about now, given Barry's Pacific re-alignment...
    Yeah he'll show us, umm... I mean the russians, by blocking the import of all small arms and ammunition to Americans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't really see Barry doing any of the above do you? Unless it pertained to Gay Rights in Russia, then maybe...

China's watching. Iran's watching. Whoever succeeds Barry will have their work cut out for them.

No, not a chance. And it's driving me insane.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    the excuse to protect the native Russians. Isn't that the Same excuse why Hitler wanted the sudatenland?
    Yes, and just like then the international community is more than willing to let him have it. Somebody else already compared Obama to Chamberlain, and I think that is a fair comparison. The EU isn't any better though, they're doing just as little as we are.

Peace for our time.

Top Bottom