• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    nooooo.jpg

They can just give them away if they dont want them anymore.
    I can store a few dozens of AK cases in my garage if that can help them.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Just when the price of the AK-47 is at an all time high.... well, at least they won't be selling them to the Taliban or to Iran.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I wonder if this wasnt spurred on bc of the Russia WTO deal that would have probably flooded the market and dropped prices.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow shades of Walmart. Just like when Walmart missed the boat on the big Obama gun sale surge. Im sure some enterprising young Russian would love to broker the deal to sell those guns here in the US. Oh well another opportunity missed.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Anybody wanna start a group buy and let Russia know that INGO is interested in buying them at a competitive price to China's steel ingot bid?

They wouldnt even have to do the labor of melting them down. Honestly I'd take a hit and accept them as is ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anybody wanna start a group buy and let Russia know that INGO is interested in buying them at a competitive price to China's steel ingot bid?

They wouldnt even have to do the labor of melting them down. Honestly I'd take a hit and accept them as is ;)

Russian weapons have a history of being destroyed, and magically resurrecting themselves and ending up in the strangest of places. Sometime even an old comrade will accidentally buy a few empty boxes, and find 79 guns inside. Jackpot!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    What was their logic to destroying these? I mean aren't they in serious financial trouble? Wouldn't the weapons be worth much more on the open market as guns than steel ingot scrap?

I bet the current administration had something to do with the decision. Some financial aid was offered in exchange for the stand against guns I'm sure.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They were not allowed to be imported into the USA anyway and that is not likely to change in the future. It's sad but we were never going to see them anyway. Won't affect prices or us Mosin collectors.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well it got me to impulse buy a Mosin from aimsurplus :) I was going to get one later but why not now before prices go up. It's also possible they are only destroying non-functional ones and it wouldn't affect supply anyway.

Top Bottom