• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But I follow events around the world very closely and believe that everything fed to us by government entireties should be vetted and many times we don't get the full story. I was very curious to the fact if anyone else felt the same ways I do. Russia invading its neighbors could lead to something that all of us will not expect. With obamas international policy in turmoil and with all of his "redlines" I believe the US is Sadly seen as week. Could this lead to something bigger?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Which side of the fence does China sit? Doesn't Russia and China have joint military exercises together?

economically China has done very well adapting ideas from the west --- other than that, I think, ideologically they are much more aligned with Russia. That's not to say that they won't just sit and watch and wait.
    Not to mention freaking N. Korea. If SHTF begins, just anti-American sentiment alone (not to mention a new economic "commie block" although true communism might not be anywhere on their list of goals) might be enough to really get these guys talking. We're not there yet, and I don't think we will be. A lot of bad things would have to happen for things like this to come about. I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist either, but this level of contention and discontent should be alarming to anyone.
    To respond to other posts here, YES, they do see us as weak(er)

anyone else think similarly?

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    China is sitting on its own side of the fence. They use Russia against us, or us against Russia, when it suits them (just as we and the Russians do). They'll wait until there's a sure winner, and then cast their lot with them. They are almost always going to support the status quo, especially if it involves an entrenched single-party government fighting against rebels, as in eg Syria.

As far as what actions they would take, I would not expect China to engage in any actions that aren't in their own best interests: seizing Diaoyu Island, setting up a permanent base of some sort in the South China Sea, or occupying Taiwan. They're certainly not about to go toe-to-toe with the US, as much as some of their crazed generals talk about it.

They would be reckless to side with America, considering the feckless clown currently in the WH, who has shown a propensity to run from commitments and abandon red lines with, well, abandon.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Mutually-assured ECONOMIC destruction.

A more likely, and probably more frightening scenario, to the politicians running all three countries.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's only possible if the Russians try and take the Baltics, which I'm not putting past them. The better question, is if the other members of NATO play chicken, do we go it alone?

I personally think there are only a handful of member nations that would gear up, in such a scenario. Poland, who has still stinging memories of WW2 is an easy yes. I think the UK can be counted on too... But after that, it's anyone's guess. Turkey, France, Germany? Ha, I don't see it.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Putin wants the old Soviet satellite territories back. Eventually, one isn't going to put up with him and take a swing. After that, other countries will follow.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Right now NATO is a joke. They could be a strong deterrent again, but right now they don't want to be involved past issuing statements. Putin knows there is no one capable of stopping him from whatever actions he decides to take. Momjeans will do no more than issue red lines, statements, and sanctions.
    So, it is possible, but no, not likely.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right now NATO is a joke. They could be a strong deterrent again, but right now they don't want to be involved past issuing statements. Putin knows there is no one capable of stopping him from whatever actions he decides to take. Momjeans will do no more than issue red lines, statements, and sanctions.
    So, it is possible, but no, not likely.

We will see if Putin had the stones to invade a NATO member. I don't think Obama would shy away from holding up our end of the bargin. Adult Americans (if I may be so bold), have more of a negative opinion if Russia than positive. I think he'd taking a beating in public opinion, from both sides, if he flinched on a Baltic invasion. I think Putin would test his meddle in a different way. Not trying to give any ideas, but I wonder what would happen if Russia tried, again, to place nukes in Cuba?

Kut (shudders at the thought)

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Should Russia invade Ukraine proper, I imagine the resistance would be somewhat greater than what was experienced in Georgia in 2008.

The Ukranians have a fairly small number of capable Su-27 and MiG-29 fighters (40 total active airframes according to Wikipedia), Su-25 attack aircraft, and Mi-24 gunships. They also have a somewhat modern air defense system with a mix of SA-11, -12, 15 and -17 missiles and modern, effective radars.

In the Georgian conflict the Russians were never able to achieve air superiority, failing to suppress Georgia's air defenses by any other means than ground forces overrunning them...and Ukraine's air defense system is arguably larger and more integrated.

My guess is Russian learned from the Georgian conflict...as did Ukraine.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We will see if Putin had the stones to invade a NATO member. I don't think Obama would shy away from holding up our end of the bargin. Adult Americans (if I may be so bold), have more of a negative opinion if Russia than positive. I think he'd taking a beating in public opinion, from both sides, if he flinched on a Baltic invasion. I think Putin would test his meddle in a different way. Not trying to give any ideas, but I wonder what would happen if Russia tried, again, to place nukes in Cuba?

Kut (shudders at the thought)

Ukraine is not a NATO member, its been eligible since 2008. Hell, most Ukrainians see NATO as a threat rather than a friend.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'll just leave this here........

[video=youtube;IKqXu-5jw60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60[/video]

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    The US will have a hard time convincing European countries to help much that rely on Russian oil to get into the conflict unless we start tapping into our own underground oil reserves and make ourselves more energy independant thus allowing them more resources for oil.

Kirkhan7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2014
    SS
    This is awesome. I'm new to INGO for the most part but have been a firearms owner since 18. Glad all these forums and threads are here very informative and glad there are many like minded patriots. It was reported that Russia had a role in the 2008 recession trying to Hurt the economy. I think before any world war could possibly break out Putin would go after the dollar and prices on everything could possibly sky rocket to. Everything everyone else has said has crossed my mind to though

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Ro1GwrC.jpg

*runs and hides in a corner*

Top Bottom