• ...and so much more!
  • thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    there is an mc sports in muncie and anderson. only 40 min away from indy
    i looked at the one in muncie they have a few mainly prewar. i think the latest year they had was 41

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've wondered if the mosin was dated pre-war that it still possibly could have been commisioned into action as some point or ??

Reason I ask is because I have a M44 1938 although the condition of the rifle would suggest it was never entered into war.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but how do you go about purchasing a Mosin from AIM? I would just buy it from MC sport if it was on sale but theirs is $130. I have never bought a firearm online so am not familiar with the procedures. You have to have it transferred through and FFL but their site looks like says you have to have the FFL on file with them so does that mean only dealers can buy it from them?

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Although I've never bought a firearm online, my bro-in-law has and from what I understand your buying the gun but AIM has to have a FFL on file with them so that they can ship the firearm to them. Then you would pick up the firearm from your local FFL after the required checks.

Not sure if this helps you.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but how do you go about purchasing a Mosin from AIM? I would just buy it from MC sport if it was on sale but theirs is $130. I have never bought a firearm online so am not familiar with the procedures. You have to have it transferred through and FFL but their site looks like says you have to have the FFL on file with them so does that mean only dealers can buy it from them?

1) call your FFL and tell them to fax their info to AIM
    2) call AIM and make sure your FFL is on file
    3) order rifle from AIM's website, using your FFL as your shipping address
    4) go to your FFL when the rifle is delivered. Fill out 4473 and pay transfer fee.
    5) take your rifle home and enjoy!

For a hex receiver Mosin from AIM, the whole thing cost me $105.

$80 for the rifle
    $10 for shipping
    $15 FFL transfer fee.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    Awesome thanks a lot for the info guys!

How long is the Dunham's sale going to go on for I might drop in there this week.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Does anyone know if MC Sports in Columbus has them for 80 still if so I might pack up the girls and make the trip today!?!

Never mind I just called them they said their store doesn't carry fire arms!!!

Last edited:

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Didn't know anything about Mosin Nagant rifle until the just concluded History Channel Top Shot. Anyone care to connect me with a brief history? How are you using yours? Target, hunting, etc.???

Great target fun. Relatively cheap ammo and you get to shoot a historical firearm. They come in many variations and they are all fun to shoot and collect. At the price you can get them for, they can become addictive...the Mosinitis bug can be very contagious so beware!!! The cure can get expensive:)
    Here are some links that should be helpful.

Mosin Nagant

Collecting and Shooting the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 - HISTORY

Main Page

7.62x54r.net

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    Yes the bayonet and other accessories are included. I just got my first one two days ago. Paid like $97 It's a tula 1940, I think. Very nice. just finished cleaning t p and going to shoot it tomarrow.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    Awesome I appreciate it! I plan on DuraCoating it and refinishing the stock. Going to do a matte black on all metal and polish the hell out of the bolt to make it shine. Repaint the graduated markings on the rear sight and paint the front post in the globe. hopefully do a natural wood gloss or a walnut matte finish. Cant wait to make this a fun little project.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've been toying around with the idea of using a mosin to attempt to make a carbon fiber stock for a rifle, as well as a dimpled/carbon wrapped barrel (curiosity will probably get the better of me. Lol). If I screw it up, it won't be a huge loss.

Top Bottom