• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This just might be to much of a general question but, Which, in the opinions here is the best, a Chinese made SKS or a Russian made SKS?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Russians are the originals, command higher prices, and have better wood.

Chinese are some of the nicer ones out there, sometimes better than Russians, yet don't cost as much.

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I would have to go with the original Russian, I dont think the chinese can make a better sks then russians, and at the last gunshow I was at few mths ago prices were fairly comparable...

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    I've owned a Yugo, and now finally a Russian. Never had any issues with the first, just wanted the original. The Yugo was neat in its own right with the grenade launcher. Fit and finish is nicer on the Russian. If going for collector value go Russian hands down, there was a reasonably priced one in the classifieds recently.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Chinese. Never wanted to pay the prices the Russians command. The Chinese are well made, almost always chrome lined, and some even take AK mags (you can modify any SKS to take AK mags, there were just some Chinese ones that came that way).

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I've had a few Chinese ones can be hit or miss on quality. Their military ones are solid but when they started commercially producing them for export their QC went down the tube.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I've had most of the SKSs, only have a Norinco now because I never shot them much. I'd pick the Russian simply because of quality and fit. But that's only 1 example of a Russian vs a few Norinco.

I mss my Yugo the most :) (not the car)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Quality wise. Russian, Yugoslavian, then Chinese. Romanian are a bit rougher and Albanians are just rough. However, we are talking SKS and that platform is very robust regardless of country and the differences between them all are fairly minor, except Albanians. They will all run fine.

happyfiero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Campbellsburg IN.
    Hi
    i like them all
    underb3.jpg

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would prefer the Russian made SKS. I have owned two Chinese made ones in the past, and they were ok, but were not as purdy as the Soviet ones. JMHO.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have a Chinese...love it. Wish I would have picked up a Russian one in the 90s for 100 bucks! I don't see buying another one even though its my favorite gun. The Chinese one I have is very nice...wood has been refinished, though...so that may be why its one of the nicer SKS's I've seen. Well, that and its mine.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Thank you all, I really do not care about purdy or pretty in a piece such as this. In fact, a piece like this can look like a dog turd , shoot reliably and I am fine with it.

Top Bottom