• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Jeeze. I remember being a bored teenager and doing some stupid things, like I'm sure most of us have, but this is pretty shocking.

1.) Who owned the revolver and why did the kid have access to it.
    2.) Who the hell plays Russian roulette to fend off boredom?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Wow as a teen/adolescent our "Russian Roulette" was taking a six pack and shaking the hell out of one beer. They were then mixed up in a paper bag and you opened then point at tyour head.....that was silly.
    This is tragically foolish. I have the same qustions as Lebowski. Sorry for the family....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    any one read the first comment on the tribune. :ugh:

This one?

"when are guns going to be out-lawed? They make laws against having pot, but guns are all over. Tragic and totally preventable. Adults play the same stupid game I lost my Uncle playing it in a bar years ago in Detroit. Left behind a wife and 4 kids. Yet he survived the Korean War. Now kids are killing each other here and now themselves across the country. Why doesn't our President step up and push for more gun control?"

My question is, why doesn't our president step up and push for more idiot control? Of course then he would be alienating most of his party and voting base so...

I also highlighted the relevant part of the comment. So no blame placed on the (obviously intoxicated) uncle, only on the gun? Yep, has Obama voter written all over it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Forrest%20Gump%20Smart%20Man_zpskjzdpdqz.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Of course, it's the gun's fault that a young man intentionally loaded it, pointed it at his head, and pulled the trigger. Sorry, this is a tragedy but an entirely preventable one! I'm going to theorize that this young man was raised in a "gun free" home by parents who feared guns instinctively and who attended a school who taught "see a gun, scream and run away!"

So rather than have a healthy respect for and knowledge of how to properly handle a gun, his curiosity led him to act stupidly and it cost him.

The blame here is on his parents first, who failed to teach their son what he needed to know. It's also on his schools, who created a false sense of fear rather than knowledge of the truth. Of course we won't be reading that in the papers.

Lesson: Teach your children the truth about guns. Make sure they know how to safely and properly handle a firearm.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not quite as dumb as Russian Roulette with a semi-auto, but...

Michigan 16-year-old accidentally kills brother

Walked into his brothers room with a gun he "thought" was unloaded, pointed it at brother, asked him "do you feel lucky?", and pulled the trigger. Regardless of how his brother felt, turns out he was NOT in fact lucky.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom