Russians are dumping the AK-47, switching to . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Has any info on the replacement come out?

Its most likely going to be the AK-200. Its basically a 5.45x39 AK that can be easily converted to 7.62x39 of 5.56x45. It also has ergonomic adjustments like an adjustable stock and picatinny rails for scopes and lights, and it also has an incredible quad stacked 60 round magazine.

4jnjfcjyb.jpg

Here is a website that explains all about it.

AK-200 rifle: The 21st Century AK | The Firearm Blog

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    maybe, but that rifle doesn't have hyper burst or that new fangled suppressor that works by converting the gas into a dog whistle like sound.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    People were worried that Iz would stop making the S12? Lol, not likely, especially now.

Be prepared for a flood of #$00 Russian AK's, heck you can get a Saiga right now for just over four bills . Arsenal will be buried in them. Nice, I wanted a cheap SGL!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    yup this is the one

Ak-200 This is the replacement from what I have been reading, I tend to download alot of Russian AK footage on the Internet and this is the one that's getting all the attention to be the replacement, I think we will still be seeing Ak's in traditional platform in both calibers for many more years. I also heard that Izzy will be focusing on commercial/export sales of thier "hunting versions" of AK rifles

AK-200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ujIkYrAfM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxFnqr8BBc
    ASIAN DEFENCE: Russia to Test New AK-200 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle in 2011

4jnjfcjyb.jpg

AK-200 rifle: The 21st Century AK | The Firearm Blog[/QUOTE]

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Ak-200 This is the replacement from what I have been reading, I tend to download alot of Russian AK footage on the Internet and this is the one that's getting all the attention to be the replacement, I think we will still be seeing Ak's in traditional platform in both calibers for many more years. I also heard that Izzy will be focusing on commercial/export sales of thier "hunting versions" of AK rifles

AK-200 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ujIkYrAfM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxFnqr8BBc
    ASIAN DEFENCE: Russia to Test New AK-200 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle in 2011

4jnjfcjyb.jpg

AK-200 rifle: The 21st Century AK | The Firearm Blog
    [/QUOTE]

with a magpul stock, nice.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Kalashnikov probably makes more off of his vodka sales these days.... I have yet to run across any in IN....
    I would love to have parts kits. Barrels in them would obviously be better, but I'd still take the barrel-less kits too!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Kalashnikov probably makes more off of his vodka sales these days.... I have yet to run across any in IN....

There aren't any distributors in Indiana unfortunately. I was out around Washington DC about a year and a half ago and found a place that carried it. I brought a few bottles home for me and a couple of friends who wanted some. Have yet to try it. Im just not much of a vodka guy.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    There aren't any distributors in Indiana unfortunately. I was out around Washington DC about a year and a half ago and found a place that carried it. I brought a few bottles home for me and a couple of friends who wanted some. Have yet to try it. Im just not much of a vodka guy.

Mmmmm vodka!!!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester

I'm not a big vodka guy either! I'd just like to buy the biggest gaudy bottle of vodka and set it on my gun safe! I have busch light for drinking.... :)

clonies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    probably not.

Problems:

1) they are machine guns, only way to import would be as parts kits, ie cut up.
    2) the barrels have to be cut up to.
    3) in order to be imported they will have to sit somewhere for 5 years so they aren't "russian".
    4) people go nuts-o-crazy for rusky AK parts kits, unless they really do flood the market, the prices will be Saiga territory.

The only problem is that we live in a country where the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. As such cutting them up is unnecessary. With ATF illegally selling firearms to other countries, it really would be nice if we the people got our rights restored, and ATF members who violated our constitutional rights got a lesson in the supreme law of the land.

Top Bottom