• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am a little reluctant to post this one because it really isn't as nice as I like to send them home but it is rust we are talking about here.
    This one kinda was a trial and error for me. I was able to improve the looks but it was pitted bad so we just just going for better.
    It was really pitted were the front serrations would be so I thought doing Hi Power cuts on the front would help eliminate alot of the pits and look good too.
    Did an updated trigger and custom ground barrel bushing since it is 9mm with the pencil barrel.
    The color is the same as what is on the new Colt "Marine" model.
    I learned a little about fixing rust pits. I can do it to some extent.

Before:

as you can see there are still some imperfections but we were just going for "better" on this one:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks, it was really hard not spending hours fixing everything, but there was a budget here :)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    only other thing I would have tried would have been some devcon steel added into the pits and sanded down to blend it in. then paint overtop of that. This method has worked incredibly well for me on many of OLD single shot shotguns and .22's.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    only other thing I would have tried would have been some devcon steel added into the pits and sanded down to blend it in. then paint overtop of that. This method has worked incredibly well for me on many of OLD single shot shotguns and .22's.

I'll have to give that a try. I did use a steel file, and no it wasn't bondo :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am a complete rookie on these things, but that looks like great work to me! From the photos, I cannot see any trace of the damage. Remarkable skill and ability!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Did the owner say what caused the damage? The hi- power cuts look good on the commander size slide. Now it just needs sight upgrades. :D

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Did the owner say what caused the damage? The hi- power cuts look good on the commander size slide. Now it just needs sight upgrades. :D

He bought it that way. sights are on the list for the next visit :)

Top Bottom