Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The left never takes a break.

/qtf!
    They will kill their own if it advances their overall position.
    No one individually matters only the overall position and the complete and total destruction of the right.

Sadly some here dont grasp this and think they can be reasoned with.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    “I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination." Lindsey Graham

It would be interesting to ask Sen. Graham if it was wrong for Pres. Obama to nominate Merrick Garland in 2016.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It would be interesting to ask Sen. Graham if it was wrong for Pres. Obama to nominate Merrick Garland in 2016.

It was not wrong for Obama to nominate anyone he so chose. It was his right, or some would say duty.
    It is the Senate's job to "consider" the nominee.
    There is nothing in the constitution requiring confirmation, or even a vote.
    They are only required to consider the nominee.

With the White House and Senate controlled by the same party, one would expect a confirmation.
    When the two houses are divided among parties, it's anyone's ballgame, depending on the nominee and other political whims.

"Elections have consequences", or so I've heard...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Republicans would have just done what the Dems will try, get control of the House and Senate and add more judges. Theyre already talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Need some verification of this. I read fairly widely and have not ever heard the attributed to republicans with official status...

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If Supreme Court Justices were chosen on merit rather than if they were “conservative” or “liberal” then it wouldn’t matter when they were nominated or voted on. The number of people on here who are jumping for joy at RBG’s death is sickening.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    7SjjSw0.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If Supreme Court Justices were chosen on merit rather than if they were “conservative” or “liberal” then it wouldn’t matter when they were nominated or voted on. The number of people on here who are jumping for joy at RBG’s death is sickening.

I don't think it's so much "conservative" vs. "liberal" as it is "constitutionalist" vs. "activist". It just so happens that those two things tend to follow along the same lines, respectively.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Perhaps we can get a Supreme Court Justice that hasn't starred in a featured presentation at Epstein Movie Classics or previously sworn fealty to an organization that would cause the new justice to falsely swear into the Supreme Court.

Nah, never gonna happen.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I don't think it's so much "conservative" vs. "liberal" as it is "constitutionalist" vs. "activist". It just so happens that those two things tend to follow along the same lines, respectively.
    That’s a fair assessment. It definitely helps me understand a little more to think of it that way.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    Need some verification of this. I read fairly widely and have not ever heard the attributed to republicans with official status...
    Political tantrums arent limited to just Dems. Both sides borrow plays from the other fairly regularly. The SCOTUS situation we find ourselves in is a good example of thay.

As for Dems, Warren, Harris, Beto, Gillibrand, and Mayor Pete all said they would during their campaigns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I vividly remember the left's poisonous vitriol when Scalia passed. It was utterly shameful.

We must be better. Let's not do this, shall we?

Why? So you can have warm, fuzzy feelings over being "better?"

:rolleyes:

Whiners, pearl-clutchers and virtue signallers will be be of little use when this turns hot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Meh. On INGO, I expect at least one can't resist putting into writing what many are privately thinking. Some people just lack class and decorum.

Why? So you can have warm, fuzzy feelings over being "better?"

:rolleyes:

Whiners, pearl-clutchers and virtue signallers will be be of little use when this turns hot.
    Dancing on graves rarely yields positive, tangible outcomes; even when it turns hot.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Meh. On INGO, I expect at least one can't resist putting into writing what many are privately thinking. Some people just lack class and decorum.

I have a sneaking suspicion that class and decorum are decidedly ineffective against Molotov cocktails, looting, rioting, screaming threats to burn down the Supreme Court and assassination attempts against the President. But you are free to ignore the world as it currently is and replace it with whatever genteel charade floats your boat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a reminder from up thread.........................

OK fellas. I should not have to say this but step back and slow down. We are a public forum with untold numbers of visitors.

Even though I tend to agree with most sentiments in here lets Chill.

We all knew this was coming and why she hung on as long as she could.

Please do not force me to get on you guys again. I have far to much respect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom