Ryobi tool owner? handy emergency lanterns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Do you have the 7 1/2"(?) brushless saw? I discovered my 90s era craftsman plate edge is not parallel to the blade and ruined a countertop last week when I tried to use a straight edge guide. So I need a new saw. Trying to figure out if that biggest unit is worth it or if I should stick with corded.

The biggest job I would do would be an afternoon project.
    I’ve had pretty good luck with Ryobi and Dewalt circular saws, but I’ve got a Makita corded saw for everything beyond a small weekend project. Mine is model #5007F, and is a little over a year old, replacing the same model I previously had for almost 30 years.

When I was framing my room addition, the battery stuff just didn’t have the balls to keep up. The Makita is light weight, but it’s a total beast on the job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here is the link to the ones I ordered:

ryobi-jobsite-lighting-p781-40_100.jpg
    And a heads-up. May be a deal breaker for some. This model doesn't put out enough current to charge an iPad. It appears to draw some amps that probably go toward actual operation in the moment to slow battery drain, but no electrons are flowing into the battery. (ive got a usb power meter that shows voltage/current)

Im going to get one of the usb charger blocks and see if that will charge them and take this one back. I'm really digging the compactness of the others.

Edit: I missed this point and most others will too. When you look at the specs and usb amperage isnt specifically listed, its not 2.1a or higher which is required for high draw devices. No rating listed typically means it is probably bare bones 1amp.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom