• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Note that the text of S.150 is not present on this. Popvox is more about making public comments in support or against bills.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I really wish we could respond to the idiotic drivel some of these people write. Take for instance the first comment listed on the support side.

I support S. 150 ("A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear") because...I never want to experience anything like I did on Dec 14 2012. I have raised a child. I have a grandchild. I want my children to be safe. I have cried many times for those babies who were gunned down in their own classroom. Please support this bill. Ban assault weapons. I don't own a gun, but half of my family does own guns and hunt. I have fired a gun and have taken gun safety classes. But no citizen needs military style weapons. Deer don't wear bullet proof vests. Assault weapons are only intended to kill people. Our founding fathers never could have imagined or intended "Arms" to include high capacity automatic weapons. Do the right thing and support this bill. Thank you.

and

I support S. 150 ("A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear") because it maintains the 2nd Amendment rights for sportsman and those who need to defend themselves in their homes while limiting the WMD that are slaughtering our innocent children.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I should have proof read, but oh well. I'm sure they will get the point.

Oppose S. 150: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Dear Sen. Daniel Coats and Sen. Joe Donnelly:

I oppose S. 150 ("A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear") because...

I am an American! I am a veteran, husband and father. I am one of the millions of law-abiding gun owners who's rights our elected officials are attempting to infringe. I do not support this bill in any form. It will not lessen the ability of criminals and mentally insane to inflict their will on society.

They propose to allow the law enforcement community to retain their firearms, ammunition and magazines. However, I do not consider the police to be the first line of defense for my family. I am! Many continue to say what is "needed" to counter criminals, but these are people who either have security 24-hours a day or have never fired a gun in their lives.

This propolsal should not make it out of committee, but it is likely that it will. It is my hope that those voting will consider the will of the people and not only those who are allowing their heart strings to be pulled. The Constitution has a purpose and every one of the Amendments have a place (as written) in order to protect our liberties. Our politicians should leave this matter alone.

Signature seen by Members of Congress:
    Camby, IN 46113

Signature seen by other POPVOX users:
    INGO_Que
    Indiana’s 7th district

View More Letters on This Issue >

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Greetings Mr. Senator,
    I am contacting you as a concerned constituent. I would like be be assured that you will uphold your oath as my representative and support the Constitution. I recently read SB150 which has been introduced by Mrs. Feinstein. This bill is very troubling, and subjects citizens to a significant infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. I am concerned that Mrs. Feinstein and some other Senators are trying to take advantage of recent events to impose their political will on the citizens of the United States in spite of the Constitution.

Sincerely,
    Glockowner (well obviously signed with my name)

Top Bottom