• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I got to to hold my friends shield. It fit my hand so perfectly I instantly decided I need one. My question is what experience you guys have with them? What price can I expect to pay at LGS? Any ideals if any LGS will have a good Black Friday deal on one? Thanks alot

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was what I carried most of the summer. I heard a rumor that Midwest in Mishawaka is going to be selling them at a good price for BF.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I love my Shield and it is my daily carry. If you have a Rural King near you check them out, dang good prices.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Ya my friend pocket carried every Sunday and I never noticed, and im looking and aware of people carrying. Is the price around $380. I thought I seen that price before.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If the rumor I heard is true, it is going to be on sale for less than that, like in the $320 area.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    $320 would be a steal! I paid $375 for my Shield 9 at USDS. Had Trijicon HD night sights and a Apex carry trigger kit installed there as well. Love this gun.

This is the pocket holster I carry it in during the summer. In the winter I carry in a Safariland owb retention paddle holster:
    2014-10-16%2022.33.54_zps627gmply.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Parabellum has them but I'm not sure of the price, I"ll update later when I'm there.. They also have one on the rental wall if you want to try before you buy. I have one and really like it but as BNB said mine also has the Apex FFS in it and that makes a big difference in the pistol.
    Might help to know where you are located.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dot have the apex trigger in mine nor does my wife in hers. WE LOVE THEM!!!! The most accurate and manageable subcompact 9mm pistol I've ever used. It is amazing and reliable!! The stock trigger is awesome. But if you wish to upgrade you can

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Something to consider, there are two versions of this gun floating around. One with a thumb safety and one without, you'll need to decide which you prefer. I love mine, I got it on-sale at ZX in Fort Wayne for around $360 with the retail kit. If you want to pocket carry it, I really like the Remora holster I purchased. It fits just fine in my dress slacks and my blue jeans and it's designed so that when you pull the gun the holster stays in the pocket. You can also move it to IWB, though I personally don't carry anything IWB without an actual mechanism to hold it to my belt.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I have had good luck with mine. I purchased two when they first came out that had the manual safety. I carried one almost daily for over six months. My wife carried the other occasionally. I put over 1,000 rounds through mine with no problems. Then I traded them both in for the none safety version. So far these are the same I have a couple hundred through both and no problems. I paid $399.00 at Blythe's. Not sure about sales for black Friday.

LukeDuke25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    World Traveler
    I have one that I use for daily carry. I have large hands, and the grip felt small for me, and the texture is a little on the slippery side. 30 minutes with a soldering iron fixed that. Stock sights and trigger, I have no issues with it and due to the small size and weight I will continue to carry it. In the first 100 rounds, the slide would not lock back on the last shot. I thought it was my grip, but that was not the case. After about 300 rounds the issue has gone away, and no occurrences for over 200 rounds since. Light, accurate and reliable!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Flyer for Midwest just came through the door; $349 for all Shield models, and in 9mm or .40cal

I got to try it at the range during our last trip and fell in love with it. For me it pointed well, fit nicely in my hands, and shot well

Top Bottom