• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think h&r makes a single shot rifle chambered in 500 s&w. Thought about picking one up but not sure if its legal for deer here. And pure amusement factor.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    i picked mine up for 150 used, the guy said it was to manly for him and to expensive...
    that's why i reload, and have some loads that feel like your shooting .357

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Buddy has an Encore in 500 S&W. It will definitely leave a mark. You'll want lots of eye relief if you using an optic. I've only shot it once and it was a beast. I have no idea what the load was, but after the third shot, I declared "There's my group" and put it down.:):

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Comparing 2 of the same model in Rifle vs. Carbine what would you expect to be the major difference between them? Should I expect the longer Rifle model to be more accurate 'out of the box' than the shorter carbine model? They both have almost the same specs (rifle being 4oz heavier) other than length. Considering this for deer hunting. Would I be better served with the shorter carbine for it's maneuverability? This would also give me the much needed SHOVE to get into reloading as well! (GRIN: A new hobby!)

Any thoughts / opinions greatly appreciated.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have hunted with my H&R .500 for the past few years and love it. Yes, it kicks but really no worse than the average slug guns I've owned. Ammo, yes expensive, just like good quality shotgun sabots. I topped mine with a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 scope. It is shorter than most slug guns. Furthest deer I took was a doe at 130 yards. I have not lost a deer yet and few have ran when hit, usually drop on the spot.
    Here are the two bucks I took last season, Big Oaks buck first and then regular season buck.
    picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom