• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Is it feesible to reduce the trigger pul on this pistol mine is right at 15#s. its not a bad shooting pistol except for this. i did find a guy selling a different spring on ebay know anything about it??? comments more than welcome.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    Yep. Lots of info online.. Remove pigtail spring, swap outer striker spring for lighter pen spring or remove outer spring completely, reassemble.. :)

It's super simple and makes a HUGE difference.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    how long have you had the gun? i found that the trigger on my 9VE did smooth out a bit after I broke it in. The trigger was still heavy, but it was a lot smoother...

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    ive had the gun a few months 400 rounds thru it, i was just curious as to what others had to say as i only found the 1 link on reducing trigger pull. it is so stiff my wife cant even pull it

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    While you have it all apart, you might want to take an emery board and polish the machining marks on the sear, on the face where it contacts the plastic sear block (marked with a red arrow). The lines should be horizontal across the face, which cause the trigger to feel gritty. You don't need to remove too much, just enough to smooth the surface.

Also, the red circle is around the larger trigger reset spring (removed), and the green circle is around the pigtail spring (also removed).

swve.jpg

Top Bottom