• ...and so much more!
  • S&W M&P 9 PRO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Anybody have the new S/W Bodyguard 38?
    What is you opinion of this gun.
    I ask because I'm looking for a small revolver to carry.

Thanks

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    6O6L1WA

I like mine. I'm still on the fence about the laser but I like it better than the LCR because of the grip.

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I also have one and love it. I was carrying a S&W 637 and the double action trigger pull on the bodyguard is 1/2 that of the 637. The trigger breaks about 6 pounds on bodyguard and smooth. I'm left handed and have had to modify my holsters to fit the laser. Ergonomics are good. The wrench that you use to adjust the laser is tiny....I mean tiny. I e-mailed S&W to get a replacement and they sent it no charge. Mine did not come with directions for sighting in the laser but it's pretty straight forward. It only takes a small turn to make a big point of aim adjustment. As a matter of fact it didn't have any information about the lasers. All in all I like it. One final thing you cannot see the laser at all during the day light.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've handled it quite a bit, it's a nice little gun. Designed very well but it's different having the cylider lock on the top instead on the side, but being on top is an advantage and makes it a better pocket gun.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    lats show i went to i saw one of these for the first time. i had to visit the table 4 times before i left. it was pretty cool. i wouldnt mind getting one.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    SW bodyguard 38

From what DOR said that SW does not want you to open it up to clean
    and lube? The grip in not "J" frame, so you can't put wood grips on it. I like the cyl release on the back strap.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    My wife has a S&W 442, which is basically the same without the sights. A guy I know bought the 442 for his wife, but instead of the Bodyguard, he bought the Crimson Laser Grips. His wife loves the gun. My wife does also.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I have never shot the bodyguard, but I have handled one quite a bit. It just never felt "right" in my hand and I couldn't get used to the laser and cylinder release.

I have a LCR and REALLY like it.

Top Bottom