• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Gander Mtn has the 380 bodyguard on sale for $379 with the laser. Is this a good deal?

After seeing it and the gun it's competing against, the LCP, side by side the LCP is the better weapon in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the integral laser and several owners have complained about how hard it is to turn the thing on/off. The Body Guard looks better and has better sights but for a deep concealment weapon I don't know if I'd want all those edges on my weapon.

Others that love them REALLY love them and my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it; I'd opt for the LCP and if you felt you needed the laser the Crimson Trace add-on is a little pricey but they don't come much better than Crimson Trace.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies sells them everyday for $329.00. Great place to do business at, I have done business with the owner for over 20+ years. Not that other shops are not good also(Bradis, Beech Grove firearms, Ammo & Ordance) I just have a lot of great experiences with this store.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies sells them everyday for $329.00. Great place to do business at, I have done business with the owner for over 20+ years. Not that other shops are not good also(Bradis, Beech Grove firearms, Ammo & Ordance) I just have a lot of great experiences with this store.

I have known Bob Cheeks since the old Crafton armory gun shows. What a guy. Plainfield Shooting is a good place to go.

kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    Thanks. I don't need a laser but thought if it was a good price, why not. I was mainly looking for a CC and was going back and forth on the LCP and Bodyguard. I wouldn't mind checking out an LC9 though. Haven't read too many reviews on them.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I picked up a Bodyguard from Plainfield Shooting Supplies about a month ago for $329. I agree with the laser issues, but I don't use it so it doesn't bother me. It just felt better in my hand than the LCP or Kel-tecs. I also liked that the Bodyguards mag came with the pinky extension floorplate. Only issue I've had is finding some spare mags. I was also interested in the LC9, but I thought I'd wait until any bugs were ironed out. Good luck in your decision.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Honestly I haven't seen anything yet that has me liking the Bodyguard series over Ruger in either the 380 pistol version or the 38 special polymer snubbie version. And their both more expensive than Ruger. I like Smith and Wesson, but Ruger wins here in my opinion.

Top Bottom