• gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    paddling_man
    It looks cool but I would question that:

1) at half the weight of a .45ACP or .45LC would I not rather have that? Especially a hotly loaded .45LC.
    2) Would a .410 slug actually engage the rifling of the pistol (like a .45 ) or would it just start keyholing like crazy shortly after exiting the barrel? Unlike a 12 or 20 gauge, the .410 is truly the caliber or bore size, right?

It looks cool but I wonder if it would actually perform? I would like to see something like the box-of-truth on those.

The Dupo-7 is a sabo design that does engage the rifling. Given its abismal BC, I would guess that the slug would only stabilize for about 50 yards or so.

YouTube - DDupleks DUPO 7 410 SHORT MAGNUM VS FMJ PISTOL AMMUNITION (apples)

How it Works
    YouTube - The expansion of the expanding DDupleks slugs

12 Guage version Test
    YouTube - 12 Gauge - DDupleks Dupo28 - Steel Slug Ammo Test

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It looks cool but I would question that:

1) at half the weight of a .45ACP or .45LC would I not rather have that? Especially a hotly loaded .45LC.
    2) Would a .410 slug actually engage the rifling of the pistol (like a .45 ) or would it just start keyholing like crazy shortly after exiting the barrel? Unlike a 12 or 20 gauge, the .410 is truly the caliber or bore size, right?

It looks cool but I wonder if it would actually perform? I would like to see something like the box-of-truth on those.

.410 Slugs run the gambit from .389 all the way to .412...

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Heck, shorten the cylinder (and the whole gun) and make it handle .45 ACP and .45LC - then I would be happy. I just can't see a reason-to-be with .410 shells in a pistol. Yeah, yeah... I've heard the whole "snakes" thing. If S&W is chasing Taurus, now I'm scared. Kind of like Ruger and their persistent chasing of Kel Tec.

^this^ Take an already bad defensive round (.410) and make it worse. :dunno: I don't get it.

Oh, and leave the snakes alone.

do you volunteer to stand in front of a pistol shooting .410?

I'm not going to volunteer to be shot with a BB gun, but the point of a defensive handgun is to stop the bad guy.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    gglass, thank you for posting those videos, I have been considering some of the 12 gauge stuff! :) J&G Sales also had a related video on YouTube for their gelatin testing of the 12 gauge stuff.

My only gripe is that for all the "cool effect" they claim for the .410, I have yet to see an ACTUAL test of it. Shooting apples is neat, but humans ain't apples! :D Comparing apples to oran...I mean, humans. ;) I wonder about their accuracy. Ammo to Go sells the stuff, claiming it's made specifically for the Judge, but then again, they have been known to overblow their description to sell something (such as calling M855 armor piercing, etc...)

Anyone have a link to gelatin test of the .410 Duplecks from a short barreled Judge? The tests I have seen on YouTube are either not with the short barreled Judges (mostly long barreled shotguns)... :( With those slugs, I would think the Judge goes from toy to potential center console gun for the car, especially if they are accurate.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Oh, and leave the snakes alone.

This is probably the smartest thing I have ever heard. :yesway: Want to defend yourself against a snake? Keep an eye out for them and walk away if you run afoul of them. Rattlesnakes are the easiest (having run afoul of them several times). They can sense you for a long time coming and let you know they are there.

Snake somewhere you need to be? Get a long stick and shoo 'em off!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I wonder if a .410 slug like that can get up enough speed to actually expand the steel fingers, let alone break them off out of such a small barrel. I haven't seen that type of slug before though, looks nasty.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    I just purchased what I was told was the only governor at the 1500 last weekend.I was told by mc sports and the dealer from plainfield whom I purchased it from that It was a law I used spedial 410 rounds designated "pistol" ?????Great looking gun that hold 6 rounds.Has a great feel.Too new for a big selection of holsters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    If I was defending myself in a court of law after shooting someone in self defense I wouldnt

want to give the other guys lawyer any more ammunition,(pardon the pun).

And a 410 handgun with special nasty slugs would be just that, more ammunition.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just purchased what I was told was the only governor at the 1500 last weekend.I was told by mc sports and the dealer from plainfield whom I purchased it from that It was a law I used spedial 410 rounds designated "pistol" ?????Great looking gun that hold 6 rounds.Has a great feel.Too new for a big selection of holsters.

No, you don't have to use special ammo because it is a pistol, anything that fits is good to go.

If I was defending myself in a court of law after shooting someone in self defense I wouldnt

want to give the other guys lawyer any more ammunition,(pardon the pun).

And a 410 handgun with special nasty slugs would be just that, more ammunition.

Stick around awhile and you may learn a few thing about self defense in our state. If my life or the lives of my family are in danger it doesn't matter if you beat the bad guys to death with a stick or blow them to Hell with a bazooka (if legally owned of course). Dead is dead, and justifiable homicide is justified no matter the tools you use. I want the best weapons and ammo that I can afford to get the job done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    No, you don't have to use special ammo because it is a pistol, anything that fits is good to go.

Stick around awhile and you may learn a few thing about self defense in our state. If my life or the lives of my family are in danger it doesn't matter if you beat the bad guys to death with a stick or blow them to Hell with a bazooka (if legally owned of course). Dead is dead, and justifiable homicide is justified no matter the tools you use. I want the best weapons and ammo that I can afford to get the job done.

was born and raised in indiana only been in colorado 1 year , i hope
    neither of us ever has to shoot someone. but lawers can twist the truth like no other and you dont want to give them a chance.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    I was just getting back to the reply Titaniam Frost.Thanks.I have not been on here for a while.I have only put 12 rds through the governor.I like it though.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I have a police officer friend of mine tell me that he wanted to get a Governor for his wife because he can load it up with .410 and if she needed to use it she wouldn't have to aim. :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    A buddy of mine has one and that is one mean looking gun. He has it loaded up with the .410 Winchester Supreme Elite Self Defense Ammunition 2 1/2 in, #12/BB 3 Disc Personal Defense Shot. It shreds the target up. Definitely would not want to get hit with one of these.

Top Bottom